droid

Its not as if there's been a massive conspiracy against Corbyn from these people or anything. Systematic, contrived and organized attempts to discredit and unseat him. Endless false stories leaked to the media... This latest attempt was a '24 hour blitz' planned weeks ago.

craner

Beast of Burden
No, but I think he's wrong that they organised a major media conspiracy. That rally was dominated by SWP and other far-left groupsucules, not really very difficult to find those sentiments sloshing around. Certainly not worth organising a major social media campaign to do it, with plants of pension age.

Would you have blanched at wearing that t-shirt? Judging from Twitter and Facebook, many wouldn't.

droid

Here is Anna Phillips:

1isQClZE.jpg

https://twitter.com/annaphillips_

Lewis Parker: https://twitter.com/LewisParkerUK

And here's Tom Mauchline heckling Corbyn http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36629976

But of course, the idea that anti-Corbyn right wing Labourite PR and social media gimps may have manufactured an anti-Corbyn PR storm in the middle of an attempted anti-Corbyn coup... well, thats just absurd.

craner

Beast of Burden
Well, yes it is absurd. They capitalised on a situation for their own political ends, but they didn't create or fabricate it. This is politics, not conspiracy.

craner

Beast of Burden
And this is Craig Murray, for fuck's sake! I mean, I have a soft spot for his bad behaviour as a diplomat in Uzbekistan, because he was poking Karimov quite correctly. But after he got sacked he went a bit mental, showing up at Galloway rallies in Bethnal Green and Bow, sharing a platform with somebody happy to throw his support behind Assad. Then he went full-force conspiracy nut.

And now he's your source.

droid

Well, yes it is absurd. They capitalised on a situation for their own political ends, but they didn't create or fabricate it. This is politics, not conspiracy.

lol. How credulous are you? In the pride heckling Mauchline did exactly that, they created the story themselves. I heard about this on Sunday and the headline was 'Corbyn heckled at pride demo'. No mention of who or why.

These guys have been fabricating and planting stories about Corbyn since day one. I dont know if they printed that t-shirt themselves but I think its entirely plausible, probable even that they could have, certainly not absurd

droid

And this is Craig Murray, for fuck's sake! I mean, I have a soft spot for his bad behaviour as a diplomat in Uzbekistan, because he was poking Karimov quite correctly. But after he got sacked he went a bit mental, showing up at Galloway rallies in Bethnal Green and Bow, sharing a platform with somebody happy to throw his support behind Assad. Then he went full-force conspiracy nut.

And now he's your source.

I know who Murray is. The idea that bunch of Blairite PR twats might have manufactured a social media scandal to attack Corbyn is more credible than the idea that such a thing could happen is 'absurd'.

Which I guess, makes you more detached from reality than him.

craner

Beast of Burden
Maybe, maybe not. It's kind of a dead argument: you are willing to believe in conspiracies when it suits you, which I find credulous. I don't believe that conspiracies are a major factor in politics, and you think I'm credulous.

It's almost an argument about faith and religion.

droid

How do you think this works exactly?

"Here listen guys - were facing possibly the biggest crisis since WWII, the breakup of the UK, economic crisis. Now is the time to launch another attack on Corbyn - lets throw everything we can at him, but, what ever you do make sure everything you say or do is 100% honest and honourable - no dirty tricks"

They set this up and just let Rowling and various other useful idiots run with it. It's entirely plausible - not even a conspiracy in the classic sense. They're just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

The fact that youre trying to equate it with 9/11 speaks volumes.

droid

I mean, I doubt this even ranks in the top 50 of anti-Corbyn bullshit. Its only the timing that makes it significant.

Do you have any idea of how politics and media actually work?

luka

(Peter Higgs is a famous scientist, by the way.)

never heard of him, but youve misconstrued my remark in any case. i was just explaining how credit ratings work cos you didnt know. think of them a bit like bookmakers odds. paddy power might not be offering exactly the same price as labrookes

craner

Beast of Burden
Oh, come on. A few pages back I explained why I thought the Labour party is divorced from reality. And now I am?

craner

Beast of Burden
In the last few posts we've been squabbling about internal Labour party infighting, which nobody in the country actually gives a shit about anymore. Parliamentary party politics is crumbling. The Union is disintegrating. The economy is tanking. This shit is irrelevant.

luka

but your reaction to droid was kneejerk, and your pavlovian response to the word conspiracy is insipid and pollyannaish.

luka

not sure why you are being so defensive though, it was hardly a serious attack on your character.

droid

Tell me, is there anybody else in the Labour party with huge popular support, who offers a genuine alternative, is committed to retarding the social and economic slide to the right, and if the next election comes soon - actually has a decent chance of winning (according to the polls)?

The UK needs Corbyn, desperately - thats why this is relevant.

One thing I do agree with - the party squabbling is ridiculous. It just shows the venality and stupidity of labour's right. The sensible thing to do is to row back, get firmly behind him, unify and push him through the election with the entire weight of the party, then, when he gets into power and has something to lose and the PLP actually has the ability to get rid of him.. Then you whittle him down and push him overboard.

luka

politicians plot and scheme and backstab. thats like, what politics is made of, like cake is made of flour and eggs and sugar.