Atlanta Rap 2014-2016

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
barty is like the 2pac of dissensus and luka is suge knight

he started out as a sensitive, wistful, and poetic young man but then he got gassed up by the mafioso don and is now found screaming THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG LIFE BABY as he leans out of the window of the mercedes benz gobbing at paparazzi

apologies to luka as i know he'd prefer to be rick ross

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
who am i in this west coast/east coast analogy, you ask?

i'm elton john on the hook of 'ghetto gospel'

luka

we're still waiting on those youtubes. the big post you were writing in word remember?

sadmanbarty

not a big post on word, but this is just to give some eamples of what i was talking about in my other post, and show how they're related to eachotehr

at the most conservative/traditional end of the spectrum you’ve got rapping in triplets, with some relatively subtle auto-tune.

Take that, and then add a couple of elements. Fragment it slightly by leaving a space on the 1. Add ad libs to fill in those spaces.

Over that formula, you can play around with timbre and pitch.

Or fragment it further. It gives you more room to interject ad-libs at different parts of the bar.

taken to the extreme, you end up with whole sections are pretty much just ad-libs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQd-oFbTylc

luka

also i just copied and pasted your whole thing under my mates facebook post which i found hilarious

Ok can someone please explain what the actual fuck is going on in hip hop right now, I grew up with rappers like, Dr Dre, Snoop Dog, Tupac, Biggie, Jay Z, Nas, and the list goes on.........Now we got these motherfuckers with their hair coloured red and green and mumbling some bollocks lyrics that don’t even make sense!! And why they all called “Lil” Something!!! Am I right to say Real Rappers are now a thing of the past?? 🤨🤨🤨🤨

luka

Shit still sounds the same, maybe it’s more for the kids nowadays, but growing up where rappers actually made sense! I just listen to the new stuff like it’s trash!

sadmanbarty

pretty convincing tbh. dunno about golden age but i liked a lot of those.

i guess the golden age thing was me thinking it was more widespread than it actually is. only when it came to giving examples of what i was talking about that i realised it's just future, thug and migos doing most of the major innovative stuff. there are some 2nd tier artists who do good things, but they're not essential; they're working in the parameters established by the major 3 acts. the fact that everyone's so prolific (and the internet means that everything's getting out) makes it feel like it's much bigger than it actually is.

luka

also i just copied and pasted your whole thing under my mates facebook post which i found hilarious

Ok can someone please explain what the actual fuck is going on in hip hop right now, I grew up with rappers like, Dr Dre, Snoop Dog, Tupac, Biggie, Jay Z, Nas, and the list goes on.........Now we got these motherfuckers with their hair coloured red and green and mumbling some bollocks lyrics that don’t even make sense!! And why they all called “Lil” Something!!! Am I right to say Real Rappers are now a thing of the past?? 🤨🤨🤨🤨

imagine getting bartys thesis under a comment like this lmao
'well, actually...'

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I like how Luka has harangued Barty into making a better illustrated argument

Reminds me of the film "whiplash"