This or That.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This is why I can't get into clubbing anymore for the most part

Hard to lose myself

Probably cos I do less drugs

Last time it happened I was off my head on mental powder in the dark more body than mind

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Insulting really the price one pays for drugging oneself into oblivion when most people's day to day life requires the bare minimum of conscious thought

Perhaps when the robots take over we can all just get fucked up

Inject me with some anti ageing juice and feed me synthetic super mdma with no comedown

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
And the feeling when you're on mdma in a crowd of people on it that it's the world outside the mdma bubble that's insane and boring and sordid

luka

there is also a social element to the kinesthetics

and at an even more general level sometimes it takes someone elses enthusaism and mode of interacting with a piece of music before you can understand it. even just watching a friends enjoyment can tip the balance and you get it now.

i love that so much.

Last edited:

Client Eastwood

Luka and SMB - a quick question. good thread, do you have a hypothesis in mind to use a frame of reference? apols if i have missed it. i haven't read it since it came out but oceans of sound by david toop touches on some of the things under discussion iirc.

luka

i accidently got drunk this afternoon bang. could you possibly rephrase the question cos i havent quite clocked it

luka

what im trying to get at is and pin down is what is the aim of the thread, its ultimate conclusion/finding/discovery since a lot of the thread seems about mind/body/music interactions to me suggests the psychology and physicality (movement) of the listener(s)

https://www.simplypsychology.org/aims-hypotheses.html

it goes in a lot of directions at once. it's a deconstructed, or more accurately, unconstructed essay. it's a train of thought.

the body is the closest it gets to a unifying theme though for sure.

luka

it's also about structuring experience with dualities. this or that?

it's about musical diction and what that self-imposed circumscription denotes socially (as opposed to aesthetically)

how these things change over time

how they are emblematic of time periods. how they change time. accelerate it for example.

how sound both describes and prescribes movements (dance and music and beyond)

how the body expresses itself (wittingly and unwittingly) through instruments (hand on drum, breath through horn etc)
how the body is revealed by the instrument in the way the rustling leaves give voice to the invisible wind

whatever you take this to mean
Within the infinite shadings of tension and release, will and surrender. The inbreath is a sucking at the nipple. Warm, enveloping, humid, close, hot colours, oranges, reds, CARNATION PINK. This is the erotic world of everlasting delight. Squirming, sliding, very lovely and lubricious. BOTH MEANINGS INTENDED.

Yet! When I asked them, who is the puppeteer who pulls the strings? Who is behind the RED VELVET CURTAIN? I arrived instantaneously in a White, bright, Nordic bath house, mind was very clear with the white steady flame of Intellect. THERE ARE OTHER WORLDS.

• Fire
Reactions: sus

luka

the analogy or in my opinion more often the correlation between music and body language
how both reveal an attitude to self and world at large, how both reveal a specific metabolic rate and physical experience

how music can alter consciousness (deep medi)
and how this might be done

how drugs might interact with these things

how strong emotion might interact with these things

luka

mapping 'regions of experience' which is to say considering the entirety of human (inner) experience as a territory.

who has been where? and what reports have they returned with?

the future. the past.

theyre starting points really. just directions. trying to see what people are interested in. what bait they might nibble at.

luka

about how music can change the world as i beleive it has and does

the new altering the parameters, by altering the constant scanning pattern

so that reality changes with it. so that what is perceived changes.

( NEW HORIZONS come into focus
Altered capacities for feeling/OTHER INTENSTIES.

What once
Lay beyond the curtain of the imaginable
Becomes commonplace/ what once was sweetest pleasure
Is now FORBIDDEN-
-Outside the sphere of the possible
Quite cloaked in shadows,)

as 'eastern thought' (buddhism, taoism, vedantic thought etc) changed the west
by starting from a different place. a different set of initial assumptions.

so africa and the descendents of africans changed the west through music

and so on and so on

Client Eastwood

can you pin it down luke? condense all your thoughts into short form (inbreath) cos i think you and smb are onto something. i know sod all about poetry, but maybe a 5 line stanza (outbreath). --i had to google the stanza bit

luka

can you pin it down luke? condense all your thoughts into short form (inbreath) cos i think you and smb are onto something. i know sod all about poetry, but maybe a 5 line stanza (outbreath). --i had to google the stanza bit

most of this stuff ive been putting into poems that no one reads for the last 20 years. this is probably as coherent a form as it's ever attained. i use dissensus to try and piece this stuff together sometimes.