Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
But yeah, back to XR - targeting public transport in mainly working-class areas of London looks like an absolutely spectacular self-own in terms of PR. As if the 'self-important middle-class prats' angle wasn't already getting enough traction in public discourse and media.

did you see how that ended?
The guy over to the right got pulled off and beaten to the floor, after kicking someone in head as they tried to get up to him.
Winning hearts and minds.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50079716

luka

It's one of the poorest areas in Western Europe. They're literally insane. It's the worst image you could ever imagine.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Apparently like 90% of XR was against this but those that did it invoked "autonomy". Twats.

Canning Town was notorious when I grew up in Ilford as full of nutters. A friend's sister was involved in a row once with some guys from CT and they petrol bombed her car.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I think it's changed a lot demographically like most of East London. I noticed a lot more African immigrants last time I was there. Still v poor though as you say.

luka

Yeah south was the white side when we were growing up but not anymore. But the madness is in the soil it just replicates itself.

DannyL

Wild Horses
The protester actually tried to kick a bloke in the head as well, if you watch the video. Talk about a PR disaster.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Why does Canning Town have those people/that rep though? Any thoughts? I assume they're all (or used to be) ex dockers like Millwall? Is it just that the geography makes the area a bit more cut off? It's interesting innit.

luka

Yeah not sure really But those things sound like reasonable guesses. It was always noticeable how little economic activity there was on those places. Barely a corner shop. As you say that's changed now although i haven't seen beckon recently.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Why does Canning Town have those people/that rep though? Any thoughts? I assume they're all (or used to be) ex dockers like Millwall? Is it just that the geography makes the area a bit more cut off? It's interesting innit.

You try spending all day canning stuff and then tell me how you feel.

Take the pulse of the nation and read the comments

What have they got against trains anyway? They seriously want to put us back 300 or more years?
They would be demonstrating for more nuclear power, a better rail network and the promotion of cycling if they had the first clue.

Whoever's funding XR as a way to discredit enviromentalism is getting their money's worth with these credulous sackcloth morons.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Whoever's funding XR as a way to discredit enviromentalism is getting their money's worth with these credulous sackcloth morons.

I'm less given to conspiracy theories than some people are, but it did strike me that if you wanted to do as much harm as possible to the image of the eco-protest movement, without your intent being *totally* obvious, you'd do something like this.

luka

The one who got dragged off the roof looked suspiciously like Dominic Cummings to me