thirdform

pass the sick bucket
What I am suggesting is that the gods have an underlying reality. The concept is not woven from thin air but has always been a marker for something real. This is what Pound meant when he said the gods are eternal states of mind. Something encountered and named not something invented wholesale.

Note that this does not imply transcendence.

I don't think they were invented, but nor do i think they were encountered either. they were *developed* along with the increasing technical organisation of society. It wasn't a conscious process, but neither have most things been in history.

luka

How can you kill them without encountering them? Explain 'develop' particularly this notion of unconscious development.

luka

I have to admit my real beliefs are too deranged to share so I'm giving you a censored version.

sadmanbarty

all prophets were shunned. they all took that first step of revealing their revelations in the face or persecution and ridicule.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
What I am suggesting is that the gods have an underlying reality
Ya see I don't disagree w/that at all, nor do I think it contradicts anything I said

Perhaps there's a misunderstanding around the word "invent"

As I said @ work rn, but when I get home will look thru posts, more complete response

luka

Ya see I don't disagree w/that at all, nor do I think it contradicts anything I said

Perhaps there's a misunderstanding around the word "invent"

As I said @ work rn, but when I get home will look thru posts, more complete response

Ok. Well Good, I'm glad yo hear it. I don't like fighting any more. I used to but I've gone off it.