luka

the city hasn't offically grown larger i don't think but there are certainly more cyclists, huge residential development along the canals and a changing attitude to the outdoors are what's made the towpaths a disaster zone i guess. the changing attitude to outdoors i think is the stealth australification of london. they got people outside doing barbecues and that.

luka

i think fairly rare in london. i have only seen one before, and it was dead lol

Benny Bunter

Looking forward to spotting some eagles again this summer in the Sierra. Last year I got up at 6am to go and have a fag on the roof terrace and there were two big fuckers circling about 10 metres overhead.

Saw a caterpillar procession in the park the other day, quite freaky (not my photo)

pine_processionary_caterpillars.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I just gave the damson tree in our back garden a good shake to dislodge any ripe ones for jam-making, and disturbed a massive and absolutely beautiful golden-yellowy-greeny-brown frog. The lawn is particularly well stocked with massive slugs after the recent rain, so it's obvious what the frog had got so nice and big on.

luka

i saw a seagull eating a pigeon in st johns churchyard in stratford and a i saw an egret
on deptford creek. good nature day.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Masses of migrating birds y’day evening, fuck off sized flying v’s in vast waves

Went to walk the dog late and as soon as we got out the door he was pulling on the lead, agitated, no obvious squirrels or pigeons about and then I looked upwards at the unfolding free display, d’oh augury