baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
sorry, rob haigh isn't it. yeah, he was probably past 40 cos he was active in the early 80s. wow.

the old men can do it after all.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
visual arts maybe, because arriving at one's own style and eclipsing the 'copying' stage is such a tortuous process (much easier to knock out a few tunes at 130)? Van Gogh's legacy looks very different in 1883 (his dates are 1853-90)

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Rodney Dangerfield's career only kicked in when he was nearly 60. Unfortunately, he could never get any respect. But he made a living!

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
It's interesting to me when watching stuff from the 50s to the 80s how much older the leading roles in film and TV used to be. Also bands didn't have to be fuckable. Some really big acts were ugly as sin. Nowadays you have to start around 20~ and be gorgeous to even have a chance at the limelight.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
visual arts maybe, because arriving at one's own style and eclipsing the 'copying' stage is such a tortuous process (much easier to knock out a few tunes at 130)? Van Gogh's legacy looks very different in 1883 (his dates are 1853-90)

I could be wrong here but I think many authors don't hit their stride (or their full pomp) until they're in their 30s.

Bald heads forgetful of their sins,
Old, learned, respectable bald heads
Edit and annotate the lines
That young men, tossing on their beds,
Rhymed out in love’s despair
To flatter beauty’s ignorant ear.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
It's interesting to me when watching stuff from the 50s to the 80s how much older the leading roles in film and TV used to be. Also bands didn't have to be fuckable. Some really big acts were ugly as sin. Nowadays you have to start around 20~ and be gorgeous to even have a chance at the limelight.

not sure much has changed tbh

EdSheeranGettyImages-652607040-920x582.jpg

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
That's right. Although getting to Berlin in time after I've just done a load of acid might prove a challenge. Maybe we should all descend en masse and demand yyaldrin and patty show us a good time

We all still on for Wednesday?

version

FL was set to 140 (and perhaps still is) out of the box which is apparently why grime and dubstep ended up around that tempo.

version

FL, but I can't remember what the default settings were on the latest as I switched to a custom template as soon as I installed it.