The Saga of Goblin Nonce.

luka

And if i write a poem, and I have written poems, a few, who will know? Prynne will know, but Prynne in his 80s and not immortal. And will it matter? Poems, at this stage of proceedings?

luka

They are good poems, very good poems, but it's not enough when they put the feather on the scale.

luka

Knowing for most of you this is very painful and embarrassing. And that you wish I would stop for my own sake.

luka

I'm not sure how honest it is. Perhaps it is terribly dishonest. I can't tell. Maybe tomorrow I will know, or next week.

luka

I can hear the crows rasping now, outside the window, as the sun comes up. Or magpies.

luka

And soon I will open the curtain. And I will have to put an end to this. Although now I want to talk forever and ever. And tell you everything.

luka

Perhaps I don't have magical powers. I feel I do. I believe I do. I really do. But I may have to give this up. And I don't want to. I'm scared of saying, no, I have no powers, prospero, forsaking all of this. Will I have to? Perhaps I will have to and go through life naked and anonymous.

luka

As you have done, many of you, the ultimate sacrifice, going on without your powers, prospero, naked and alone.

luka

40 this year. In August. Now, the best of my years behind me. Wilting now, shrivelling up and dying.

luka

Powerful I think, I think, but when I'm gone what will remain? Tawdry to think of it I know. A joke, a laugh which still reverberates, if that, it would be enough. Something funny. That is what I would like best. To be remembered as laughter, please, if possible

luka

Waaaaah death death dying on the way out brief candle waaaaah I don't wanna leave, not yet please, a little longer

luka

I will write one more book. I want to. I hope I can write another. But first I will write this one. And I will make it good. And hopefully it will win me a stay of execution. I've been here long enough. But I want more time. A little more time to right my wrongs.

luka

I have a bottle of wine, almost empty now. And no sleep. And some cigarettes, and the jet engines in the sky

luka

Shaking the sky. Impossible flight. To Lima or Tashkent. Beyond the curtains and not my business

luka

What does it mean to be a poet? To be exactly as you are and nothing more, and to say so.