I want to fall in love

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Yeah it's been said a thousand times but can never be said too many, the short set thing fucking sucks. There are djs who can make 2 hours work, but man, the delayed gratification of the slow build over a few hours to some total curveball payoff is something you just can't do in those short sets. Jeff Mills was one of the guys who used to do that at LOST. Was crazy. He'd be pummelling the fuck out of everyone for ages and then drop a euphoric piano banger out of nowhere. Everyone losing their minds. Theo did it all the time too. Totally different artform

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
I think if I was ever to dj properly I'd want to do a residency over anything else easily for the reasons you say. The freedom to try stuff out. That's what Theo used to say about PP. It was his favourite place to play in the world because the crowd would go with him when he tried shit out. Can't imagine too many house or techno clubs out there like that now. Or maybe. Would be happy to be wrong

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I think if I was ever to dj properly I'd want to do a residency over anything else easily for the reasons you say. The freedom to try stuff out. That's what Theo used to say about PP. It was his favourite place to play in the world because the crowd would go with him when he tried shit out. Can't imagine too many house or techno clubs out there like that now. Or maybe. Would be happy to be wrong

Well if there is a club like the old pp then yeah I'd love to go. probably some remote place in Japan or Russia though. I know the berghain closing sets can be like 6+8 hours but there is no way I'm listening to 6 hours of mills copycats lol.