Communist music reviews

sadmanbarty

but barty gets it! as does bliss.

i understand what you want the music to do. i get the aesthetic.

so the question i guess becomes why a marxist framework?

would you agree that you could explain the aesthetic without marxism?

is it just a useful metaphor? or are you saying the music embodies an ideal?

sadmanbarty

i think we're right on the precipice of a breakthrough. as long as everyone's patient and doesn't get grumpy we're going to achieve this.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i understand what you want the music to do. i get the aesthetic.

so the question i guess becomes why a marxist framework?

would you agree that you could explain the aesthetic without marxism?

is it just a useful metaphor? or are you saying the music embodies an ideal?

well, given that politics is just a function of class society be that left or right, I.E: the left just want a strong welfare state or whatever and the right say bad shit has to happen its a law of nature, i think my antipolitical orientation helps to not invest the music with an overarching ideal apart from the need to reflect the complexity of the unholy diaspora experience. my difference with say deconstructed club is it's like lil jon electronica right, which might be right in an American context but the whole lived experience of life is different. It's like synekdoche isn't it, what good is a music that is obsessed with standardisation (this isn't the same of rigidity, some techno can be very rigid but not fully standard as such...)

sadmanbarty

A given commodity, e.g., a quarter of wheat is exchanged for x blacking, y silk, or z gold, &c. –
in short, for other commodities in the most different proportions. Instead of one exchange value,
the wheat has, therefore, a great many. But since x blacking, y silk, or z gold &c., each represents
the exchange value of one quarter of wheat, x blacking, y silk, z gold, &c., must, as exchange
values, be replaceable by each other, or equal to each other. Therefore, first: the valid exchange
values of a given commodity express something equal; secondly, exchange value, generally, is
only the mode of expression, the phenomenal form, of something contained in it, yet
distinguishable from it. bruk out badbwoy bizznizz.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's like, yes, let's be holistic, but not in the world music fusion sense right? because then you have to be all about assuming some kind of cultural high ground or some kind of harmony of the 21st century experience. but as prhynn says that's an illusion.

sadmanbarty

well, given that politics is just a function of class society be that left or right, I.E: the left just want a strong welfare state or whatever and the right say bad shit has to happen its a law of nature, i think my antipolitical orientation helps to not invest the music with an overarching ideal apart from the need to reflect the complexity of the unholy diaspora experience. my difference with say deconstructed club is it's like lil jon electronica right, which might be right in an American context but the whole lived experience of life is different. It's like synekdoche isn't it, what good is a music that is obsessed with standardisation (this isn't the same of rigidity, some techno can be very rigid but not fully standard as such...)

the obliteration of identity. within hardcore you are no longer black, white, poor, rich, a soulboy, a rasta, nothing, a woman. it is music totally divorced from social signifiers (all of which are social constructs/social facts used by the bourgeois to prop up their political system).

is that the key? music that is completely asocial?

the anti-human agenda is about freeing ourselves from all the signifiers used to entrap us in the bourgeois trap.

luka

it's like, yes, let's be holistic, but not in the world music fusion sense right? because then you have to be all about assuming some kind of cultural high ground or some kind of harmony of the 21st century experience. but as prhynn says that's an illusion.

Harmony, that essay I think of being in some mental city where it's constant bombardment no peace, the organism under attack by the environment constantly but if you have the money you can sit in a walled garden arranged like a healing mandala and listen to the fountain gently plashing. So it's a luxury reserved for the wealthy

sadmanbarty

Let us now consider the residue of each of these products; it consists of the same unsubstantial
reality in each, a mere congelation of homogeneous human labour, of labour power expended
without regard to the mode of its expenditure. All that these things now tell us is, that human
labour power has been expended in their production, that human labour is embodied in them.
When looked at as crystals of this social substance, common to them all, they are – Values. big up
to the hartford massive.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
the obliteration of identity. within hardcore you are no longer black, white, poor, rich, a soulboy, a rasta, nothing, a woman. it is music totally divorced from social signifiers (all of which are social constructs/social facts used by the bourgeois to prop up their political system).

is that the key? music that is completely asocial?

the anti-human agenda is about freeing ourselves from all the signifiers used to entrap us in the bourgeois trap.

or you are the ultimate top 100 poor rich white jigga cyberpunk rasta transgender battybwoy samples of all times.

sadmanbarty

so luke my best punt at this is that only through the marxist lens (it's really third's own lens at this point) would anti-humanism be particularly desirable.

the pursuit of the asocial ideal wouldn't have been abandoned had everyone ascribed the thrid's brand of marxism. that's why it is only through the ideology will this aesthetic survive.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
so luke my best punt at this is that only through the marxist lens (it's really third's own lens at this point) would anti-humanism be particularly desirable.

the pursuit of the asocial ideal wouldn't have been abandoned had everyone ascribed the thrid's brand of marxism. that's why it is only through the ideology will this aesthetic survive.

"One current summarized the distinction in its essence as “the phase which de-substantiates the worker to leave only the proletarian“."

out to all the wrong uns and liberty takers, you know the coo. james your dads coming to pick u up from bell marsh tomorrow.

sadmanbarty

i think we've cracked it.

looks like we've lost luke anyway.

cheers third. i am the khadija to your mohammad.

hopefully luke won't be some terrible quraysh and exile us.

luka

Well third I admire you more than ever after this, I don't know if I've learned anything but you've put a top performance in, left it all out on the field and the fans don't ask for anything more than that.