mvuent

Void Dweller
acid tracks. the classic thunder sounds are there of course but now with lightning too. 4 on floor but constantly shifting syncopation.

sadmanbarty

And I thought vim was taking the piss! I’m picking up everyone’s energy wrong.

Severely underestimated the widespread, deeply entrained love the forum has for autecher

sadmanbarty

THIs feels like a dream. A constantly fluctuating state of play filled with synchronicities. My trails of thought having immediate ramifications in this dream world.

luka

One of the things third gets mad at Barty about is that Barty doesn't get electronic music qua electronic music at all. If it doesn't have some kind of backwards baseball cap street element he's totally perplexed.

luka

I can relate to that but I did start to find my way in with a techno compilation woebot made in the early '00s. I've sort of taught myself over the years.

luka

Because unlike you lot we're totally isolated introverts we didn't experience clubbing as a loss of self in the crowd, a formative ecstatic life changing experience. We didn't make the umbilical connection to the power of electronic dance music.

version

One of the things third gets mad at Barty about is that Barty doesn't get electronic music qua electronic music at all. If it doesn't have some kind of backwards baseball cap street element he's totally perplexed.

I think this is one of the points of contention though. Some people would say that Autechre does have "some kind of backwards baseball cap street element".

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
isn't it also a bit weird that they've had such a long career and they never had a fight or one decided to go his own way? what's the point of being two persons if you're acting as one?