Skream - Late Nite Request Line

boomnoise

♫
statement / question confusion but yes he has an ep out as mr. keys. i don't like it as it sounds very dated, quite far removed from the majority of his production work.

mms

sometimes
boomnoise said:
statement / question confusion but yes he has an ep out as mr. keys. i don't like it as it sounds very dated, quite far removed from the majority of his production work.

what label is that on?

gumdrops

i just like it more than the other tracks on the hour long mix of his stuff i have as it has more energy/vibrancy and 'life' to it, its not so rhythmically stiff and clinical

adruu

This Is It
Loved request line since day, but Skream really shines on tunes like Fairytale and the India RMX...if the boy wonder producer is taking any suggestions, more of that s.v.p.

orson

adruu said:
Loved request line since day, but Skream really shines on tunes like Fairytale and the India RMX...if the boy wonder producer is taking any suggestions, more of that s.v.p.

yeah fairytale is sick .... idian dub remix ?? is that ever coming out .. should be the flip to monsson remix by loefah .. if you ask me

monkeysblood

born to cry
well, i finally managed to get up to blackmarket tonight in the wind and pissing rain and grab MRL.
so i'm bumping this 'cos it's fucking magic to feel it's mighty weight at home (even if it's just to be reminded of the density of FWD).

i grabbed acid people too :cool:

Last edited:

DJL

i'm joking
Heard Request Line on Rob Da Bank's show on Radio 1 the other night - he was saying it's massive. Good to see some more mainstream-ish play

dHarry

coincidence?

I just happened to be listening to Blackdown's old Skream mix recently, and then walked into the living room where Spielberg's Catch Me If You Can (2002, with Leonardo DiCaprio) was on, and imagine my surprise, dear reader, when lo and behold in the soundtrack there was the flutey theme from Midnite Request Line! Not the initial arpeggiated part, but the sparser variation - something like: a-c, a-c, g-b, a-c... and played on flutes I think!

I was quite taken aback, I can assure you.

Did he nick it?! Or does anyone else even find this interesting :eek: ?!

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Be interesting to know if that film was on the telly over Christmas '04. I remember Skream saying in an interview that he made the track on Boxing Day.

Rumbled mate! :D

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
I just happened to be listening to Blackdown's old Skream mix recently, and then walked into the living room where Spielberg's Catch Me If You Can (2002, with Leonardo DiCaprio) was on, and imagine my surprise, dear reader, when lo and behold in the soundtrack there was the flutey theme from Midnite Request Line! Not the initial arpeggiated part, but the sparser variation - something like: a-c, a-c, g-b, a-c... and played on flutes I think!

I was quite taken aback, I can assure you.

Did he nick it?! Or does anyone else even find this interesting :eek: ?!

I noticed that too.The movie was shown on uk tv a couple of months ago.I cant recall which instrument the melody was played on,but it sounded identical.I tried to follow the end titles and noticed that some parts of the score were 'classical' pieces,so I'm not sure if the tune was composed for the movie or was an existing piece.

dHarry

I noticed that too.The movie was shown on uk tv a couple of months ago.I cant recall which instrument the melody was played on,but it sounded identical.I tried to follow the end titles and noticed that some parts of the score were 'classical' pieces,so I'm not sure if the tune was composed for the movie or was an existing piece.
It does sound in context more like a typical 60s suspense-ful theme a la Lalo Schifrin or someone than classical-proper.

Noel Emits said:
Is that the bit you can sing along to?

"Dubstep. Dubstep, dubstep, dubstep."
Ha! - "Rumbled. Rumbled, Rumbled, Rumbled." Sing along Fwd>> cru!

But seriously it is a sampladelic culture, who cares really? I like the idea of tracking him down to see if it was on the telly the night before he wrote it, though - catch me if you can, indeed! :p