IdleRich

IdleRich
I guess that's a UK company feeling that its best route to success in France is self-deprecating humour... did they read the mood correctly is the question.

IdleRich

IdleRich
nb I intended to post this yesterday, in fact I thought that I had done but I remembered today and looked for it, but no sign. So I'll post it again now, I guess is still relevant.

A completely unforeseen consequence of Brexit....

IMG_20231106_042151.jpg

I mean, who would have known that people would keep on filming Robbie Williams? The medication shortage however was entirely predictable.

It was obviously going to happen, it was predicted by doctors, by logistics experts and by the government - and those who put their fingers in their ears and went "la la la not it won't la la la" should be feeling pretty bad right now.

I bet that, sadly, as with so many of these things, the people who recklessly/spitefully voted for this debacle are not the ones bearing the brunt, I just hope that there is at least some overlap and that not all of the people on their sick beds as a result are just innocent victims. Hopefully some are thinking "Hmmm, maybe sticking it to the middle-class and expressing my racism in a semi-coded way weren't that important after all."

mixed_biscuits

A completely unforeseen consequence of Brexit....

View attachment 16539

I mean, who would have known that people would keep on filming Robbie Williams? The medication shortage however was entirely predictable.

It was obviously going to happen, it was predicted by doctors, by logistics experts and by the government - and those who put their fingers in their ears and went "la la la not it won't la la la" should be feeling pretty bad right now.

I bet that, sadly, as with so many of these things, the people who recklessly/spitefully voted for this debacle are not the ones bearing the brunt, I just hope that there is at least some overlap and that not all of the people on their sick beds as a result are just innocent victims. Hopefully some are thinking "Hmmm, maybe sticking it to the middle-class and expressing my racism in a semi-coded way weren't that important after all."
Obviously shortages of a few medications wouldn't have swung people's vote one way or the other. In any case you're a living embodiment of Brexit, having exited Britain a long time ago...if you want to help out get some of this stuff from your Portuguese pharmacy and ship it over.

Yours sincerely,
The NHS

mixed_biscuits

TLDR - you are a total cunt
Most countries are not in the EU and yet they can acquire medication...just do what they do.

Argentina, low on meds because EU getting further and further away, moans clueless Segretario de Salud.

Furthermore, is the EU really trying its hardest to help out? I don't think so. And guess what, you're in the EU.

mixed_biscuits

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I bet that, sadly, as with so many things, the people who recklessly/spitefully voted for this debacle are not the ones bearing the brunt, I just hope that there is at least some overlap

Given the strong correlation between age and likelihood of voting Leave, plus the fact that the the referendum was the better part of a decade ago now, Brexit supporters are much more likely to be suffering from a shortage of medicines than Brexit opposers.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Dyson is suing the Mirror over an article, in fact an opinion piece, which said that he advised people to vote for Brexit and then moved his company's HQ to Singapore. Which is exactly what he did so... seems he's on a sticky wicket here however annoyed or upset he is by the conclusions they drew about the effects in the article.

Can you really sue someone for telling the truth about you and saying they think you're a wanker cos of those facts?

sufi

lala
larry eliots done a great bit of idle rich baiting in todays gua**ian
yeah i saw that
he says that it has not brought the uk to its knees, that the country more or less recovered and isnt doing too bad compared to the eurozone

but i was thinking from the opposite direction - actually brexit has been a huge success @IdleRich @IdleRich @IdleRich ... and that is because it was a huge vague vote that the right won without even providing a clear picture of what was on the table, so the bottom line is that it was a vote for change. which was not even really unreasonable and that inexactness was probably why the vote went to leave - a lot of people fancied a change

and so, since so-called brexit, what has happened? the right have been revealed to be out of ideas, incapable of organising anything, unable to effect change, offer coherent policies or pursue their empty bankrupt ideologies, not even able to govern - they have proved that they have zero to offer even after they won it
nice one trebles all round

IdleRich

IdleRich
Maybe it happening is by definition a success - but that does sound a lot like "Brexit means Brexit" and leaves the question of why so many Brexiters are unhappy with their success...

sufi

lala
Maybe it happening is by definition a success - but that does sound a lot like "Brexit means Brexit" and leaves the question of why so many Brexiters are unhappy with their success...
sounds like i did not make my point clearly.
there are no brexit benefits at all, so the remainers have been proved correct. the right have failed on their set piece

IdleRich

IdleRich
Sure I wasn't disagreeing as such, I was just saying that the only sense in which it succeeded is that it happened and we left the EU. But hardcore Brexiters different even there so...

mixed_biscuits

"For washed-up rockabilly DJs who cast a cynical eye on the goings on in a country they had long forsaken, while posting rambling accounts of their drug-addled adventures in the hellscape of the contemporary EU, this will come as some surprise". I didn't expect the Idle Rich baiting to be this obvious.

mixed_biscuits

The internationalist left motivation for Brexit has been justified: it has indeed become more difficult to asset strip poorer countries of their precious human resources in modern day armchair colonialist style.