trance (?)

sadmanbarty

is this trance music?

whatever music it is its obviously easy to dismis, btu i think conversation worthy if you giv i t a chance.

sadmanbarty

they're both very wholesome. a real emotional purty to them. its not disengenous either. its not cinical like toy town hradcore. its not nutty like happy hardcore. its very relatable. very human.

this plays into an innocence that they have; there's an infantalism encodaoded in them most obviously in that they both use these boy choir-esque synths.

also all these cold air signifiers. reverbs, and trebly releases and noise. sonic breeze. they;re spacious too in their way. its' parstoral. partyiign in a field or on a beach.

very poignant. tragic even. its wistufl. mourning childhood and the e dream all in one. "its a dream", even the title admits its an illusion. that its self contained and temprorary. fleeting dream s of what the world could be.

very touchign.

sadmanbarty

i sAID ABOUT THAT WOBBLY DUBSTEP THAT ITS PRE-KNOWLEDGE. in both the sense of being like a toddlar and in the sense of being before we ate from the tree of knowledge in eden.

this music properly fulfills that with irony at all.

very direcrt music.

this is european gospel music,

sadmanbarty

tgis one's from my chidlhood.

very european all this stuff. very tacky and on the nose from one angle, but on tehe other hand it sounds like michaelangelos paintings o nthe cielings of the sistine chapel. the same ham fistedndess. same garish appeals to religious granduer, but it works.

also the sistine chapel has all drugy, trancey geomatry. its the same geomatry as that synth riff.

db13732cd515d94307f7a8cae2c650f0fb2eb517.jpg

sadmanbarty

when all you lot tell me off for not undestanding and you descrribe what its supposed ot me. this music actualy achieves it.

sadmanbarty

it helps that its hialrious.

whats nice is that its funniness doens;t take away from its sentiminatality. it aids it in fact. like some ancient god of love, good health and laughter. when funny takaes on a near religious compoanant. whhen you laugh so much fyou're filled with god.

sadmanbarty

to be honst most of its fucking rubbish,

but it is by far and away the genre with the best titls adn aritst name.s

genetic waste- palace of wisdom

energy flow eternal

passionate emotions

cosmic baby- heavens tears

phasis- mind illusions

solar quest- save the whale

if pharaoh sanders was 40 years younger he would have been making trance. its right up his alley.

sadmanbarty

reverb and dleay tunr this stop this being robocock music, sedns it out into space. becomes all comsic and expansive. yourbrain being streatched until it encmposes the entirety of the univers within it.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
is this trance music?

whatever music it is its obviously easy to dismis, btu i think conversation worthy if you giv i t a chance.

these are hardtrance records from the mid-90's. the first one is Italian, the second is German - basically in the mid-90's this was a pan-European scene that was centered on Germany, but with important labels and scenes happening in Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, and Spain. the really fast stuff petered out towards the late 90's, which is when most of the releases shifted down to about 140 bpm. I always preferred the fast stuff though!

Interesting to see these records on here, though! I always loved this stuff ever since I first heard it on M-Zone and Mark EG tapes from like Helter Skelter and Slammin Vinyl, but it's pretty much always been hated by the cognoscenti ...

anyways, if you're interested in these kinds of tunes, I have done a bunch of mixes in this style in the past:

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>

luka

i sAID ABOUT THAT WOBBLY DUBSTEP THAT ITS PRE-KNOWLEDGE. in both the sense of being like a toddlar and in the sense of being before we ate from the tree of knowledge in eden.

this music properly fulfills that with irony at all.

very direcrt music.

this is european gospel music,

Cool is an unhelpful concept and we're better off without it?

sadmanbarty

Luke chimes in

Fucking hell Barty what was you up to last night?!!

Up at 5am sobbing to trance music!

Jack is telling everyone he's battered in totally lucid sentences with all the proper punctuation and spelling while you're having a spiritual experience mind shattering ego dissolving to a Belgium trance record

IdleRich

IdleRich
You know that band Cranes where she sings in a kind of creepy cutesy child's voice and although on the very surface it sounds innocent and childlike, it also sounds totally wrong and scary? I feel the same with a lot of trance, there is a darkness in the extreme innocence.
I guess new beat was a kind of precursor of trance and I like a lot of new beat (although I wouldn't try and defend it aesthetically cos also a lot of it is rubbish).

droid

Irredeemable. Deeply bland, stupid and devoid of edge. The worst impulses of rave expanded into an entire genre. The revival is inexplicable.

In many ways, the music we deserve.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Heard this at a festival while tripping and suggestibility kicked in, painting the firmament a rainbow

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Irredeemable. Deeply bland, stupid and devoid of edge. The worst impulses of rave expanded into an entire genre. The revival is inexplicable.

In many ways, the music we deserve.

i think thats a bit harsh. i don't like trance as much as anyone but there were some truly astounding proto trance records, when it was still a variant of techno and acid. and there is some quite interesting uk trancecore.

this one originally released in 92 on labworks, then reissued in 96 for the UK crowds. this to me is ideally what trance should have always been. which it was for a short while in mid 92.

fantastic, the acid lines really expressive and speaking their own language and coiling around you like tendrils.