WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Night of hell into daylight

Cue Lenny Fontana, horns which could get in the midi thread and a rough cutting hi hat away from a more British sound

blends with ketamine garage and dubby vocals

and because the sunshine of yesterday is still fresh, a bit of Grace

you have to be wary around Danny Tenaglia mixes because of occasional =tribal= crimes against art but when he hit his straps with a strong vocalist he could do wonderfully creative and consistent work too (you can always cut and paste mixing tracks like below to break up the vocal)- side note anecdote reminds me of long ersed missions down I95, cross-pollination with the 94 thread too, can’t believe it’s 30 years

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
CJ Mac doing Janet, you have to be weary around certain dubbier cuts that they don’t collapse under their own minimalisms but this cut allows a certain threshold to cross without going full cheese. Bit chirpy even for me but summer’s calling and nowhere near typical for 1990

and an ode to 94, 50 pressings of a DiY/House of Labasia release that never saw the light, partially shared via a Man Called Adam’s ‘Other’ label, multiple aces starting with the rarer version rereleased with a polished up version too

and the harp/sitar riff cut ups, House of Labasia/Rhythm Graffiti was/is Crispin Glover