Tense Nervous House Music

thedatabase

Mock tha fox
2stepfan said:
No Nervous Track by MAW either :). Yeah site is still down, no pagan house for the solstice :(. (I'm making do with unreleased and amazing Black Dog tracks.) Looks like Boom Boom Bashment is very popular, downloads have maxed out my bandwidth even though it's zipped...

any of you wily web-wizards out there fancy putting the mix on some p2p network or other? (assuming that would be ok with paul...) after lyric maker, i'm proper itchy to hear it...

on a vaguely pagan note, I was a late arrival to this black devil-worshipping corker of a track:
http://www.environrecords.com/artists/artists2.html

i've seen some so-so reviews of it out there, but i think it is a belter + not many tracks you hear come with a background story quite like this one....(if it's true....)

mms

sometimes
thedatabase said:
any of you wily web-wizards out there fancy putting the mix on some p2p network or other? (assuming that would be ok with paul...) after lyric maker, i'm proper itchy to hear it...

on a vaguely pagan note, I was a late arrival to this black devil-worshipping corker of a track:
http://www.environrecords.com/artists/artists2.html

i've seen some so-so reviews of it out there, but i think it is a belter + not many tracks you hear come with a background story quite like this one....(if it's true....)

it's not true but props for the creative talent @+?

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
I just noticed that at the time I did this mix and posted this thread - May 05 - was maybe a year before UK funky started bubbling up from the edge of grime. IIRC anyway. Interesting.

I've done a mix for Bristol's brilliant Crazy Legs club that's based on garage and UK funky alongside some of the house tunes in this mix, bit of a full circle going on.

3 Body No Problem

was maybe a year before UK funky started bubbling up from the edge of grime. IIRC anyway. Interesting.

FH didn't come out of grime, it came out of UK-Garage which never really went away in East London, it just became increasingly more obscure.

Grime and Funky share MCs as stylistic element and the same core demographic, hence they are often considered together.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
FH didn't come out of grime, it came out of UK-Garage which never really went away in East London, it just became increasingly more obscure.

Grime and Funky share MCs as stylistic element and the same core demographic, hence they are often considered together.

Well, that and the obvious connection of a handful of big name funky DJs being ex-grime DJs and producers: Donae'o, Perempay, Marcus Nasty, Mak 10, etc.