luka

hes a nice boy in real life. talks a lot though. and thats coming from me, a person who talks a lot.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Classic Facebook post by Frankie Bones:

This is the largest event I ever played at - Stone Roses at Spike Island 1990. In their book one of their managers who was a drunken bell end, proclaimed I got booked by mistake thinking I was Frankie Knuckles. I mean I do appreciate the thought. Being mistaken for one of the best DJ'S who ever did it. Godfather etc. I even got 5 knuckles in each hand! 33,000 people at their event. Stone Roses? My manager told me I was opening for The Rolling Stones.
I didn't know Americans said "bell end" - is it a common phrase over there or is it just cos he was an anglophile?

Leo

we don't say it, he probably did because he was taking about an English manager of an English band playing a festival in England.

Last edited:

luka

Limburger come to London and we will take you here me and Woops are regulars they know us in there

IdleRich

IdleRich
we don't say it, he probably did because he was taking about an English manager of an English band saying a festival in England.
Thanks for clearing that up, it is pretty much what I expected. You are missing out though I feel as it is a satisfying, versatile and thus very useful expression. I think that I would probably hyphenate it though, another clue that Bones was an inexperienced user.

Reactions: Leo

IdleRich

IdleRich
Can't believe I was planning to drop everything when Gus lost his wallet, was ready to rush to the airport, give him a lift, lend him money, put him up for the night if need be... whereas my compatriots couldn't even be arsed to cross the street to see if he was ok. I truly feel embarrassed, I'm not even joking now.