IdleRich

IdleRich
More and more of those who insisted at the time that the election was stolen are admitting that they knew all along that they were lying for personal gain - though it's not getting through to MAGA who now believe that they've been gotten to or something.

In an opinion accepting a censure agreement between Yates and Ellis, Large noted that Ellis has agreed that her statements about the election being stolen were misrepresentations, which he said were made “with at least a reckless state of mind.” Ellis also agreed that she, “through her conduct, undermined the American public’s confidence in the presidential election, violating her duty of candor to the public,” Large wrote, adding that “a selfish motive” and “a pattern of misconduct” were aggravating factors in the case.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yet more fallout from the election for Fox who are being sued by shareholders saying that broadcasting the election conspiracy stuff which they knew to be untrue damaged the company's reputation and exposed it to law suits which could reduce the stock price. So lawsuits about lawsuits...

Leo

do I have to do everything for you, @IdleRich? can I get you a nice cuppa, perhaps?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Can't read it
This is the best bit:

She pointed to one email that had recently been handed over, between Ms. Bartiromo and Ms. Powell on Nov. 7, 2020. In the email, Ms. Powell was forwarding evidence to Ms. Bartiromo that Dominion said was proof Fox had acted recklessly: an email from a woman Ms. Powell relied on as a source who exhibited signs of delusion, claiming, for instance, that she was aware of voter fraud because she had special powers, including the ability to time travel.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Today is supposed to be the start of the Fox v Dominion suit, however it's been delayed amongst rumours that Fox is seeking an out of court settlement... they know they can't win so would rather limit the damage by paying now and avoiding all the evidence against them being painstakingly dragged out in public.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I was always surprised at how utterly ineffective "stop the steal" types were in changing one single thing about the election, after all they had such high calibre, totally serious people involved who were totally dedicated to a cause the righteousness of which they (pretended to) believe in utterly.

NOW: Stop the Steal organizer and ubiquitous MAGA figure, Ali Alexander, says he’s sorry for asking teenage boys for d*ck pics. “I apologize for any inappropriate messages sent over the years,” Alexander wrote. According to the Daily Beast, Alexander received nude photos from a then 15-year-old boy. Another boy, who was propositioned for photos at 17-years-old, states, “No person like Ali should be even near politics.”

Leo

they're all full of shit (like trump), just in it for the potential fame/money/influence. and dick pics, apparently.

IdleRich

IdleRich
So Fox and Dominion did settle in the end. Fox are paying them 800 million near enough and admitting they lied - but they don't have to do it on air. I'd say that as Dominion were certain to win you could argue that they let Fox off pretty lightly with half of what they were after and no need to retract on air.

Any idea why they agreed to do that?

Leo

my guesses…Dominion had a strong case but it was a very high bar, so it was not assured they would win. The $ 1.6 billion they sued for may also have been a shot in the dark, sky high number that a jury or judge might not access in damages. If they won, they would be locked up in appeals court for years, meaning millions more in legal costs.

if you are on the Dominion board, you weigh the risks of not settling against shareholder value. Almost $800 million is a pretty sweet sum to add to the coffers.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
my guesses…Dominion had a strong case but it was a very high bar, so it was not assured they would win. The $ 1.6 billion they sued for may also have been a shot in the dark, sky high number that a jury or judge might not access in damages. If they won, they would be locked up in appeals court for years, meaning millions more in legal costs.

if you are on the Dominion board, you weigh the risks of not settling against shareholder value. Almost $800 million is a pretty sweet sum to add to the coffers.
Apparently it's about 45 years of normal profits for them.

IdleRich

IdleRich

I've read recently that Dominion is a much smaller company than I realized and this sum is many times their market cap. So settling in the sum seems fine, I'm just surprised that Fox did not have to apologize at length on air which you'd think would be the main aim if Dominion really wanted to repair their reputation.

Smartmatic are suing Fox for even more than Dominion, I dunno how this affects that, maybe it doesn't.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Apparently it's about 45 years of normal profits for them.
Yeah like I say, I thought they were a bigger company. So I guess they could lie low for forty years or so and then carry on when reputational damage is forgotten. I wonder what happens to the money, is it bonuses all round?

Leo

the other factor is juries need to be unanimous in finding a company guilty. even though jurors are screened pre-trial for impartiality, there's no real way to know that every one of them will be open-minded and fair. all it would take is one undeclared trump supporter on the jury who digs their heel in, and you get a hung jury.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Wake up sheeple

Does anyone realize what really happened in the #Dominion@FoxNews settlement??? #FoxNews simply paid Dominion to 100% rig the 2024 #election. Almost one billion dollars to ensure the end of #AMERICA.

It's so obvious when you think about it. And the guy who said that is called Pete Truth so it's beyond question.

I saw someone else talking about a stitch-up, I forget their precise argument but the conclusion was that the payout was absolutely cast iron proof that the election was stolen. So... I'm assessing his reaction to the result of the trial to determine whether or not Fox maliciously told lies about Dominion fixing the election. The possible outcomes were

a) Fox did maliciously lie about Dominion
b) Fox didn't maliciously lie about Dominion

We know that when the result was a) he concluded that it was definitive proof that the election was fixed, what do you think he would have concluded if the trial had ended in b)? I have a sneaking suspicion he might also have taken it to show that, beyond any shadow of a doubt, the election was fixed

IdleRich

IdleRich
Mike Lindell produced some bullshit at one of his speeches and challenged anyone to prove him wrong, saying that if someone could he would give them five million dollars... so someone did precisely that.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Mike Lindell produced some bullshit at one of his speeches and challenged anyone to prove him wrong, saying that if someone could he would give them five million dollars... so someone did precisely that.

As an aside, does this guy remind anyone else of the wonky-eyed cafe owner in 'Allo 'allo?

allo_allo_gk.jpg