NaNoWriMo

sufi

lala
Rules
Since NaNoWriMo is used to get people writing, the rules are kept broad and straightforward:
  1. Writing starts at 12:00: a.m. on November 1 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. on November 30, local time.
  2. No one is allowed to start early and the challenge finishes exactly 30 days from that start point.[19]
  3. Novels must reach a minimum of 50,000 words before the end of November in order to win.[20] These words can either be a complete novel of 50,000 words or the first 50,000 words of a novel to be completed later.[21]
  4. Planning and extensive notes are permitted, but no material written before the November 1 start date can go into the body of the novel.
  5. Participants' novels can be on any theme, genre of fiction, and language. Everything from fanfiction, which uses trademarked characters, to novels in poem format, and metafiction is allowed; according to the website's FAQ, "If you believe you're writing a novel, we believe you're writing a novel too."[22]
"Rebelling" is allowed, as NaNoWriMo is considered a "self-challenge"; rebels are allowed to validate and thus receive any prizes from sponsors.[23]

sufi

lala
pictures dont count
T12005_10.jpg

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
they lay in wait all night outside the fort. they had a stolen key but only for one lock. the deadbolt may have been his saving grace. the broken fridge barricaded the door as a secondary measure. as he stockpiled his weaponry and laid them in strategic positions knowing it was either coming to that or wait til sunrise. all he could think about was whether he'd find out the results of the election.

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
it was only as the sun arose and he could see clearly through the peep hole of the door that he saw her dashing up the stairs in a mischievous canter. it was at that moment that the whole game, and not just last night's, but the whole game became clear. she was the key keeper. he was the toy. he had always been the toy. and as he gritted his teeth realising how much of a fool he had been, allowing his faculties in their disheveled state to be used to such lengths against him, he also knew that to retaliate would only bring more trouble. this left him in a bit of a pickle. because no longer did he need to use cosmic metaphors to transfer and belittle things in the name of appearing deatched.. things he'd always known were actually very plain and simple, and in fact most of the time he talked like that for his own entertainment. he realised that he had known all along, and cursed himself for allowing them to ever make him doubt.

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
he began to see that while it had all been rather harrowing. he now knew exactly who it was and what the whole game is to be from now on. he should have never gotten involved in those telegram drug groups. especially meeting the ring leader by chance at that hellish berlin club. he claimed himself to be one of the original instigators of the group. this was a worldly, weathered for his age, charismatic, french man, a slight 5'6 but a fine dancer and raconteur. massive drug and lack of sleep problem however. and it showed on his gaunt and increasingly embittered face. he had a photo of himself on whatsapp a few weeks ago where he literally looked like an angel or maybe a cherub. sweetest eyes and smile. the photo must have been at least 10 years old. and you just can't help but wonder. how. but we all know. bald as a damn coot too

tbc

Last edited:

sus

Suddenly Tea broke into song, his heart was so overjoyed, his love of music overwhelmed him:

Na na na na na naaaa na naaaa na na naaa na na naaa na na na na na... Naaa na na na na naa na na.

Na na na na na naaaa na na naaa na na naaa na na na na na na na

Na na na na naaaa naaaa na na na na naaaa na... Na! Na! Na! Na na na na na! Na! Na!

Naaaaaaaaa na naaaaa na naaaaa na naaaaa na naaaaa

Na na na na na na na na! Naaaa na na naaaa na na na

Naaa na na naaa na na na na na na na naaaa na naaaa na naaaa na naaaa na naaa na na

Na! Na! Na! Na na na na na! Na! Na!

Na na na, na na na, nana na! na! na!

Na na na, na na na, nana na! na! naaaaa!

Na na na na naaaaaaa... Naaa naaa.... Na na na na naaaa... Na na na na na na na na na na naaaaa

Na na na na naaaa naaaa na naaaa na naaa na naaa na na

Na! Na! Na!

sufi

lala
Today at 9:45 PM precisely, a bunch of shady characters were loafing around discussing the election results. Leo said: "trump's campaign has filed two lawsuits in Pennsylvania, one saying they should stop counting votes and the other saying they should count them faster. it's the trump way."
Rich added: "He's demanding they stop counting in Penn where he's ahead (but narrowing) and that they count every last vote in AZ where he's behind. Will this shameless opportunism hinder any court cases he brings? I mean if they can see him arguing both sides of the same issue in different places doesn't that make it clear he's not acting in good faith?
a couple of minutes earlier in the evening padraig (u.s.) raised an eybrow and said: "yeah, it's all upthread, Trump had been setting it up for weeks, pulled the trigger on it last night, now they're all following thru
maybe talking about it enough influences the SC, both to get involved, and individual justices
it's a low-percentage play but it's also low-risk, high-reward. can't hurt, might help, and if you don't give a shit about responsibility, decorum, etc there's no reason not to. Rich replied "I guess it doesn't cost them anything (except any last vestiges of integrity obviously)."
Leo, a Well-known member jumped into the conversation to update everybocy: "NY Times has biden at 253 without Arizona and Nevada. "
IdleRich said: So what have they called that AP haven't?
Anyway... "Fox News cuts away from the Trump campaign press conference in PA to call Michigan for Biden" which is beautiful.
Leo complimented the candidate in a backhanded manner "nice to hear someone sound reassuring, positive, like an adult. almost presidential, dare I say..." and displayed a short film to illustrate his point. "compared to trump, I mean."he added with a regretful twinkle in his eye.
Rich read out an excerpt from a news source: " Seth Abramson
BREAKING NEWS (NYT): Counting Resumes in Georgia; Trump Lead Disappearing (Down to 1.4%); Biden Is Current Favorite (64%) to Win State, Per Final "Needle Update" by New York Times " and commented "It's so close now.... can almost touch it.
Trump is gonna need an awful lot of lawsuits to overturn all these states.
Though it looks as though the main fraud was committed by Republicans in Florida of course."
"Oh my" Said rich, gawping at a film of a guy with a mullet doing his nut, " He's totally lost it now... what's he gonna do next?", reporting a quote "Donald Trump: We have claimed, for Electoral Vote purposes, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (which won’t allow legal observers) the State of Georgia, and the State of North Carolina, each one of which has a BIG Trump lead. Additionally, we hereby claim the State of Michigan if, in fact,..... "
Leo shrugged "oh, he's gonna get a lot worse and nonsensical than that.
john eden cordially interjected something that simon Silverdollarcircle had said: "Yeah one thing I've been thinking about Trump is that for all the massive adultation he gets from the base, he's not very good at politics is he? Like he succeeds despite himself. All the needless crises, own goals (the whole injecting bleach stuff), pissing off former allies.You get someone with his bat shit views and showmanship, but who's actually vaguely competent in politics and they'd be unbeatable", adding "
This is my worry. They get better and we don’t. Farage is a Nick Griffin upgrade. Tommy Robinson is also a Nick Griffin upgrade. Maybe we’ll get Trump version 2 next.
Meanwhile the left has Corbyn and Bernie running ZX81 operating systems."
Leo suggested cynically that: "if biden wins, can you imagine how horrible our current president victim/crybaby will be until January 20? I'll bet he wouldn't attend joe's inauguration.
version, looking like daffy duck piped up: "Hopefully Twitter can ban Trump if he loses the presidency. He's just another private citizen violating their terms and conditions at that point. I dunno whether they'd be willing to sacrifice the traffic he draws, mind you."
Leo, a Well-known member replied "in the states, I'm curious/eager to see the new generation of progressive candidates. Bernie's the elder statesman, Elizabeth warren is in her 70s. looking forward to the crop of 30-50 year olds who will step into leadership roles. AOC has charisma but still too inexperienced for most people right now. but she could grow into it."
"might still be a path for Beto o'rourke but he was a big nothing in the 2020 primaries. buttigeig, maybe.
it ain't kamala, IMHO. and sadly, she'll be the natural next in line for the party."
"and what happens with pence? sold his soul and hitched his wagon to a MAGA world that he never believed in, in hopes of being next in line after trump's second term. but now, GOP sharks smell blood in the water and are already planning their 2024 runs."
Rich quipped: "So AP have called Michigan and now Biden is on 264 - Nevada or Pennsylvania would do it."
Luka crowed: "i told you biden easy" and Leo reminded him that "it ain't over til the fat lady sings."
Version mentioned an unattributed but illuminating quote "As a Democrat supporter this election makes me feel like I’m boxer that won a 12 round championship match. However, I am now suffering from swollen eyes, a concussion, broken ribs, and internal bleeding."and them clapped his hand over his mouth.
Leo said " all of trump's crying today doesn't seem to getting much traction, don't see any republicans sticking up for the lawsuits, recounts and cites of fraud. seems like even they are ready to move on." and version looked at him with love in his eyes, stifled three regretable outbursts, composed his thoughts and finally opined: "That bloke who crashed the press conference in Vegas is gold."

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Suddenly Tea broke into song, his heart was so overjoyed, his love of music overwhelmed him:

Na na na na na naaaa na naaaa na na naaa na na naaa na na na na na... Naaa na na na na naa na na.

Na na na na na naaaa na na naaa na na naaa na na na na na na na

Na na na na naaaa naaaa na na na na naaaa na... Na! Na! Na! Na na na na na! Na! Na!

Naaa na na naaa na na na na na na na naaaa na naaaa na naaaa na naaaa na naaa na na

Na! Na! Na! Na na na na na! Na! Na!

Na na na, na na na, nana na! na! na!

Na na na, na na na, nana na! na! naaaaa!

Na na na na naaaaaaa... Naaa naaa.... Na na na na naaaa... Na na na na na na na na na na naaaaa

Na na na na naaaa naaaa na naaaa na naaa na naaa na na

Na! Na! Na!
...Hush! Hush! I thought I heard her callin' mah name...

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Having nailed the biocrytographic serenade, Tea notices the Hydra mushroom beginning to shine through the soil.

The aspidistra begins contorting and curling, losing all regard for its posture, until, gracefully, a pearlescent ER bridge emerges from the plant, its blades wilting, having served their purpose.

Eden's voice, still emanating from the Juke, beckons "Please, come in."

Tea takes a deep breath, bracing for this queasiest of transits, and leaps into the rrrriiiiiiiiifffffffffffffftttttttàjjÉ`>õGG⁄€n–BhÊVFvúBK∞rŸõoʺ!Û0=∆iÛoB71⁄{ñJ_”ª flõ·j¥!8,ÿÍ∑¸oia.ÓÎ6£àI47{3"ò#>¬Ÿfù%ñfbˇõáûË¥jøÇuÇ£-å◊£∂Ñ–Õù6¯ÈQÒø˝EÂá—¨Ï7pEBòãÂÜú∆@Íö˝\né6r˝-'8fi√ˆ∑/A¡¶fÎæ£Ç£]7¸Eçƒ&;måùççtÿ‡GÉ#-VÈ"ÊãOrfiã÷O@6‰∫|¥}lÇÉÀ∫ùËÄp™µ√∫=Ë`LÄ)â»b@8†ıOµN!fl÷{ÖA(Úîfl#‹◊z¢ë∑3Hütttttoooooo be spit out onto an impressively maintained mahogany floor, considering Dr. Eden lives alone.

On all fours, gazing at the crisp, waxenwood-paneled reflection of his host, who patiently towers above, Tea vomits.

Eden flicks his wrist, wipehurling the half-digested tartar-smothered cod, coupled with a questionable pink substance, back into the portal.

Cooly glancing up, Tea utters through dripping residual spittle, "Fishy, us crossing paths like this."

Last edited:

sufi

lala
I reckon the average Dissensus Post is about 100 words?
actually that seems like an overestimate, its more like 30 words per post on average i reckon
and we're doing about 300 posts per day
so that must be er 9,000 words per day, that doesn't seem like that much but more than sufficient for nanowrimo
375 words per hour, sounds like a sort of steam locomotive pace chuf chuff

constant escape

winter withered, warm
"This is no time for puns, Tea."

Standing up, wiping off, and glancing around the library, "So, about this fix."

"Yes, right this way."

Eden leads Tea up a brass spiral staircase, onto the balcony tier of the library. "The Demats are getting privy to our operations. I had to trap one of them in another NL module just yesterday. Too close for comfort, personally"

Eden stops at a shelf, beginning to half-way remove books. "Blasted secret lever. Where are you?"

"I take it you don't get much company these days."

Still trying books, "None that need any caliber near the high you're after."

The right book being tugged, the spiral staircase begins to corkscrew upward, ascending into an opening aperture hatch on the ceiling, discreetly disguised as a globe in a baroque atlas painting.

"Sufficiently novel" Tea grants the doctor, following him into the hole where the world was once held.

They surface in an artificial greenhouse, illuminated by three pet suns that Dr. Eden keeps floating beyond the glass in a structurally unbelievable headspace. They each have small planets in their orbit.

Kepler-186, voice module Groucho, engages in a game of Battlerock with 51-Pegasi, voice module Chico. They play generals to their terrestrial fleets. PSR B1257+12, voice module Harpo, or lack thereof, drifts around the fray.

51-Pegasi announces, "Good! An untainted third party. We could use a fresh pair of eyes around here."

Kepler-186 retorts, "Right, because our combined twelve billion isn't enough of a testimony."

"The players can't judge their own outcome, Kep. We need fellow transcendent eyes, uninvolved eyes."

"Wish I could uninvolve my ears!"

In all the excitement, a faint swirling glimmer buzzes out of the atmosphere of Pegasi's Battlerock, touching down with a spark onto Kepler's. A twirling PSR B1257+12 emits a volley of fast radio bursts, making some of the botanicals below sparkle.

"Cheap shot!"

Dr. Eden imposes his presence, "Gentleman, please. Too much radiation harms the produce."

Pegasi cackles thunderously, "Carbie's got a buyer, boys! Line those lipid sacks of yours with dirt meat, you filthy animals!"

Eden, leading Tea to a levitating trough filled with pitch black soil topped with curious fungi, reprimands, "That's Dr. Eden, when guests are present."

Tea whispers to Eden, "He wouldn't last a day on Twitter."

"You wouldn't last a nanosecond past the exosphere!"

Eden, exasperated under the perennial bickering, whispers back to Tea, "Please, don't engage them further. Their AI modules have generated petabytes of comedic routines. We'd be here forever."

"Why do you have them?"

Eden plucks a Clamante Lutum, a petite gyrating mushroom that emits an almost undetectably high pitch wailing. "Criers of the Dirt. They need a certain wavelength of solar radiation, as well as a constant source of nuisance, to reach their optimal potency."

He pulls a small velvet sack from a dispenser fixed to the wall, fills it with the whining little caps, sinches it, and hands it to Tea.

"Each one lasts roughly a day. Now please, let's return to my library."

"Pegasi, enough Battlerock. I challenge you to a game of Omega Point! No interference from you, PSR, we have enough --"

The aperture shutting off the cosmic gambling behind them, Tea and Eden find themselves peacefully back in the library.

Eden, embarrassed, "Usually they're on better behavior. Perhaps it's because I..."

He stops. Raising a suspenseful finger, Eden overlooks the room from the balcony railing. "Reveal yourself!"

At the far end of the room, behind the convincingly faux-mahogany desk, a real-leather desk chair spins around to reveal a glowing sky-blue humanoid figure, donning a dapper purple silk hood. A cheeky smile forms on his face.

Eden, stunned, "The Archivist..."

Last edited:

sufi

lala

Tea blinked and then blinked again. Where he would have sworn that just a moment ago as large as life and at least twice as natural in front of his very nose had been none other than the archivist, suddenly noone was there at all. He felt a feeling of impending revelation and not a good one as if he hadnt got the full picture yet and mightnt like it when he did so maybe it was better to step a little back from the jigsaw table sort of feeling. An eerie sort of absence was hanging in midair like half a cough or a stifled snigger as if al though something had been there before now there had never been anything there ever. he wrote it off as a mental tic

sufi

lala
Tea blinked and then blinked again. Where he would have sworn that just a moment ago as large as life and at least twice as natural in front of his very nose had been none other than the archivist, suddenly noone was there at all. He felt a feeling of impending revelation and not a good one as if he hadnt got the full picture yet and mightnt like it when he did so maybe it was better to step a little back from the jigsaw table sort of feeling. An eerie sort of absence was hanging in midair like half a cough or a stifled snigger as if al though something had been there before now there had never been anything there ever. he wrote it off as a mental tic
@version probably liked this and then repented :(