version

I think she'll probably nudge literary prose toward internetspeak which I think is good, it's quickly becoming the richest pool of cosmopolitan slang the world has seen, I don't see why it isn't or can't be a part of a poetic language.

The internet's difficult to convincingly integrate into fiction. Apparently that Cooper book, The Sluts, does it well, but it often comes off as gimmicky and takes you out of the story. There's just something about seeing an URL in print or referencing aspects of the online world that feels 'wrong'.

sus

I think it's cuz it's lifted from a different discourse it doesn't fit it stands out. You cant just plop it in. You need to alter the entire fabric to allow space and let it sit right. Integration and fit. You need to invent a new language that is high and low at once. People successfully did this for the preInternet dialects so I think it's possible.

dilbert1

Yeah. I still prefer the Variety on Wyckoff, love strolling down that hideous polluted street. I really don’t like spending time in these places though, unless its for some kind of formal meet up for the sake of convenience. I bought some beans today and while I waited for the toilet watched a lot of people trying to get work done to the most annoying experimental synth music, like a synthesizer imitating the sound of a faucet dripping over and over

version

Yeah. I still prefer the Variety on Wyckoff, love strolling down that hideous polluted street. I really don’t like spending time in these places though, unless its for some kind of formal meet up for the sake of convenience. I bought some beans today and while I waited for the toilet watched a lot of people trying to get work done to the most annoying experimental synth music, like a synthesizer imitating the sound of a faucet dripping over and over

Actual beans, or pills?

dilbert1

They’re just pleated fuckin pants, got to be fake busy work for their intern right? “This season we’re switching things up, taking risks, thinking outside the box with a little help from our new hire. Picture this: full retard Homer Simpson-core, but its low-key Einstein coded.”

dilbert1

I mean I like the pants fine personally. Even if they do remind me of church, school uniforms, and the ‘reformed convict’ aesthetic. That would be a much more interesting marketing concept I think, a Discipline and Punish-coded ad campaign. I should print all the stuff out and swap the photos next time I’m there

william_kent

@sus

pls decode this for me / us:

First thing that happens when I get to Meg Spectre’s neo-vaudeville variety show at KGB is Gasda asking if I saw the latest news, that his ex Cassidy and her gang of idiots are all rich now that their Solana memecoin $EGIRL is blowing up after the announcement that Elon Musk is backing their fellow $EGIRL dev/promoter Bronze Age Shawty in a wrongful termination lawsuit against her former employer, the fintech conglomerate Block, which had fired her for problematic tweets she had posted on pseudonymous accounts.

I admit I'm confused by the attraction of church pants and the in and out of fintech gossip