And say besides that in Aleppo once,
Where a malignant and a turbaned Turk
Beat a Venetian and traduced the state,
I took by th’throat the circumcisèd dog
And smote him - thus.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
the bloke served you lot and you made him jealous. but what's worse you got him to kill his brother and his missus. baked beans is banned forever for u lot now.

You must learn the warrior spirit from now on and dispense with piano house choons. They are also banned.

luka

This is the most sophisticated bot so far, except for constant escape who's sent back from the future like terminator

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Selim Sesler on clarinet, caught with mates in Camden a few years ago, blew us away. It got a bit baggy and loose at times, as in people would join in and try to improvise alongside him, before he politely took the lead and brought the focus right back like a laser beam. I know he has romany heritage, but a feast of jams. Googling for a vid just found he checked out not long after.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Cruel race. Imperialistic. Basically the Brits of western Asia, but with better food, rugs and tiles.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Cruel race. Imperialistic. Basically the Brits of western Asia, but with better food, rugs and tiles.

Sure, if we talk about the dynasties absolutely - but Imperial turkic dynasties were rarely racially demarcated like that, you could be a Turk if you were of Kurdish, greek, Persian, or Bulgarian extraction in the ottoman empire, or even masadonian. Hell even Armenian until the late 19th century when an explicitly pan-turkish nationalism took root in response to the decline of the empire. The British imperial class was much less flexible. The late 19th century is when intellectuals, government rulers, civil servants, bureaucrats etc, started identifying Turks with a specific race or ethnicity, and as we know in the first world war and until 1923 the Armenian genocide happened... Carried out in part by this new breed of Turkish nationalist - of which Atatürk was one, but the west will keep singing his praises...

For the longest time though, Turk just meant muslim and the türkmens (actual genetically ethnic turks) were seen as ignorant crude farmers by the palace class.

More ironically Shah Ismail of the safavid empire spoke a language with close correlates to todays oguz turkish and Azerbaycan dili, whereas his contemporary, Yavuz sultan Selim of the Ottomans spoke high Ottoman closer to todays Persian.

In essence, Turkishness was always a constructed identity with little basis in ethnic turkmen tradition, but merely as a justification for dismantling the old ottoman elite. The ottoman economy was already semi-capitalist in the metropoles by the early 20th century but was still administered by an inefficient feudal class.