william_kent

arrived home today to find my presentation box of the AOS tarot on the doorstep

1714155945261.png

a sturdy "presentation box", a bag for the cards, three books ( the LWB, "Lost Envoy" , and the "source book" ), an enamel badge I will never wear, and the actual deck

I doubt this will be a "working deck"

there are certain cards that I judge a deck by - the ace of staves ( or "clubs" in the Spare deck ), the "wheel of fortune" ( it's a hard one to pull off ), "The Devil" ( does it have the gimp slaves? ), 13, "The Moon" ( does it have the "crustaceans" and the dogs barking?) - but in this photo as a concession I have substituted "The Moon" with "The Tower", because it is the new moderator's ( @sus ) "best card", albeit one I never want to see in a spread

I doubt this will be a "working deck"

this deck undoubtedly worked for Austin Osman Spare because it is so individualised, but I'll probably stick with my Swiss 1JJ deck for real work

sus

there are certain cards that I judge a deck by - the ace of staves ( or "clubs" in the Spare deck ), the "wheel of fortune" ( it's a hard one to pull off ), "The Devil" ( does it have the gimp slaves? ), 13, "The Moon" ( does it have the "crustaceans" and the dogs barking?) - but in this photo as a concession I have substituted "The Moon" with "The Tower", because it is the new moderator's ( @sus ) "best card", albeit one I never want to see in a spread
The smallest sprout shows there is really no death,
And if ever there was it led forward life, and does not wait at the end to arrest it
And cease the moment life appeared.

All goes onward and outward, and nothing collapses
And to die is different from what any one supposed, and luckier.

sus

Yes very funny prank Sufi very good you got my hope up I was ready to crack the whip lemme at them I'll get em into shape

sus

The AOS tower is very interesting but I think it misses half the story. When you anneal you heat up medal to break the bonds so that it hardens. Every generation reforms and refits itself to meet the demands of the new, and in doing so, the lineage survives. That is the lineage of self, in our own continual dissolution and resolutions, our own little psychic deaths and rebirths.

sus

I really like the Tower depiction in Phil Tippet's Mad God

Phil-Tippett-Mad-God-Interivew.jpg

Esp as the beginning of a descent to the underworld

sus

I really like the Tower depiction in Phil Tippet's Mad God

Esp as the beginning of a descent to the underworld
It's interesting to me that it looks like a telescope. Or like a wedding cake. This is how the Tower of Babel is usually depicted too

william_kent

1714166806700.png

Swiss 1JJ

I was gifted my first tarot deck at the age of nine by my maternal grandmother

to me this is the archetypal tarot, no Pope, card number five in the major arcana is "Jupiter", "the false God"

"the house of God", a wreck

this is the tarot I use for 'real work', any others I own are just a part of my collection