Outback Truckers.

craner

Beast of Burden
They make loads of these sorts of programmes in Akaska too. There's a Welsh version called 'Weatherman Walking'

IdleRich

IdleRich
I dunno though they are often filming in inaccessible places in savage conditions... surely it must cost more than reality shows and the like. All these TOWIE and the like and spin-offs with reality 'personalities' (who came up with that cruel name?) are at least one rung below.
In fact, when you think about it, you've got those "reality" shows like Big Brother, you've got cookery contests, you've got people losing weight, you've got dating shows, clips shows talking about youtube videos with absolute nonentities as talking heads.... you've got all kinds of shit that has to be way easier and cheaper to do than film night time snow rescues in Finland or whatever. I think that by the standards of shit television that is churned out by the hour for channels whose name you can't even remember, stuff about driving in weird places is near the top in terms of cost and production levels and even educational value. It's not Premier League of course, but in terms of the division it's in it's fighting for promotion.

version

whenever my brother is visiting my parents he watches this stuff all the time, there's also a variant called ice-road truckers. another one of his favourite shows is border patrol. i guess there's a tv-channel that broadcasts these kind of "reality" television series 24/7. i can't stand it. it feels to me it's the kind of content your brain doesn't really process.
There's a freeview channel that seems to be nothing but this stuff. I remember watching one about loggers in some swamp somewhere. They have all those programs about middle-aged men doing up bikes, cars etc too.

luka

Well he's following the broken lines
Living on borrowed time
Motel rooms and broken hearts all left behind
You swear he couldn't close his eyes
As he shifts into overdrive
He's been up and down this road so many times
The man of his own
And searching just keeps him proving
That only the road
Can tame the rebel in his soul
It's the rhythm of the highway
As he rolls on down
And city lights as they fade from sight
Drives the man behind the driving wheels
Like a cowboy in a rodeo
Riding hard but never letting go
You'll be wand'ring through the twilight of his life
Waylon Jennings on the radio
Country music and engines roar
Like a shooting star across a desert sky
And he's got a home
But it's out on the blue horizon
Heaven only knows
There's still a rebel in his soul
As he rolls on down
And chasing southern lights
In the distant sky
And open plains with the mountains high
Well he's thought about settling down
A little diner on the edge of town
But in this world of push and shove
He's still got freedom in his blood
I know what happen behind those driving wheels
And chasing southern lights
In the distant sky
And open plains with the mountains high
I know what happen behind those driving wheels

luka

This thread is about outback truckers because Australians are cool. Americans are uncool. Let's stick to the Outback.

version

049c8b368905f7f6f542f05685171f59