Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Speaking of Stamets, there's a hilarious bit in Pollan's book where the two of them go on a camping trip in search of azzies, and Pollan casually refers to them as "shrooms".

To which Stamets responds, pretty much, with: "SILENCE, INFIDEL! THOU HAST PROFANED THE NAME OF THE SACRED FUNGUS, TEONANACATL! NEVER USE THAT WORD IN MY PRESENCE AGAIN!"

And Pollan is like, k, soz, I guess.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
We are hosting a Swedish Christmas Eve dinner, little island of misfit toys situation, anyone left around the city, most have left for sunny locales and fam.

Pan de mie and vegan meatballs with ligonberry sauce and a butter gravy and flaming punch, mulled wine, rice pudding, singing and dancing folk songs in circles round the living room
We cooked roast gammon for dinner this evening (coated in a blend of English and Dijon mustard, honey, brown sugar and maple syrup), then wrapped presents while watching Pingu, drank the sherry left out for "Father Christmas" (I put the mince pie to one side as I didn't really fancy it after a roast dinner), and now we're drinking the last two whiskies from our single malt advent calendar, as we forgot to have one yesterday.

sus

We cooked roast gammon for dinner this evening (coated in a blend of English and Dijon mustard, honey, brown sugar and maple syrup), then wrapped presents while watching Pingu, drank the sherry left out for "Father Christmas" (I put the mince pie to one side as I didn't really fancy it after a roast dinner), and now we're drinking the last two whiskies from our single malt advent calendar, as we forgot to have one yesterday.
Lovely. Who is we?