deterrence of the information bomb

linebaugh

The atomic bomb went beyond the competence of the military staffs and that's why they came up with deterrence. You could reduce or increase the bomb in size, but it went beyond them-deterrence is the fruit of nuclear power. Once the information bomb is recognized as such, as a power that overwhelms military staffs, it may well be that a number of states, America, but certainly Japan and Europe as well, will impose a form of information deterrence, a societal deterrence. No longer nuclear deterrence, preventing the use of such weapons, but deterring the masses faced with flashpoint situations. I don't think it will take long before the information bomb is recognized as such. The delirium surrounding the Internet is rather instructive in this respect.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Interesting idea, but I struggle to see how it can be achieved in non-totalitarian ways, given the internet. Like eradicating rhizome, can only be done in by a totalitarian, and such destruction would seem to match that which is sought to be deterred from the offset.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Arguably the closest thing to deterrence would be for state actors to just act in good faith, like they should.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
And to preclude the kind of news that would rile everyone up in the first place, rather than trying to cover it up, which seems less feasible than ever, given the advancing state of global surveillance.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
True, how the social credit system leverages the citizens personal information to deter uncivil behavior, but do you also mean deterrence of information?

linebaugh

True, how the social credit system leverages the citizens personal information to deter uncivil behavior, but do you also mean deterrence of information?
american credit systems are the latter, I think, I dont have credit. Your credit score lowers the more often you check your credit score.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
stan hates the jews but i dont know if that is rational

I'm trying to treat this like a permanent record of the history of my mental state, without omission or opaque revision. I urge my future legion of biographers to exercise the utmost scrutiny in interpreting second hand accounts of me.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
credit systems are a kind of information deterrence

Different comparison. Worked briefly at a credit reference data place here called Experian just prior to their databases of electoral rolls going onto hard drives (95?). Horror show of a temp jerrrb

Imagine the biggest toilet roll you could picture in your mind’s eye Bosch styles, then double it, held on slots whirring round

Everything took hours, so any credit card application took weeks instead of days, all helped by temps fucking round all day

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
american credit systems are the latter, I think, I dont have credit. Your credit score lowers the more often you check your credit score.
Does that really happen? I don't have credit either, and I doubt I ever will, given how crypto is progressing.

linebaugh

Does that really happen? I don't have credit either, and I doubt I ever will, given how crypto is progressing.
apparently not as Ive just googled it. but I have no idea its all nonsense science with conflicting information. Apparently if an institution like a bank pulls a 'hard inquiry' into your credit score it lowers, so all the same

linebaugh

you might need credit stan, its sometimes necessary for housing. craigslist and a well worded email have never failed me but Im a smooth operator with an ear to the streets