thirdform

pass the sick bucket
@thirdform I will humbly concede that you are a better Marxist AND a better Junglist than I. And that more often than not I can’t follow in the slightest the things you say in regards to them. That Junglites is a tune and a half though, blend with:

Rave culture involved the white working class appropriation, via E, of gay disco's emotional demonstrativeness and gestural abandon. Jungle is based around a blacker, hip hop model of masculinity, one that's self-contained, tight-lipped and bodily-armored. From '92's mania to '95's moodiness, from sweaty nutters with their shirts off to elegant stylists who don't perspire even when encased in
their bomber jackets, the emotional temperature of the hardcore scene has dropped.

@craner wants to be a happy hardcore fan, in his heart of hearts, but because he was born in the wrong decade, he gravitated to northern soul and got herpes. If he was born in 1945, there would be no issue. Happy hardcore is the 90s equivalent of northern soul, y'see.

dilbert1

@thirdform I sincerely swear I find the experience of immersing myself in anxiety and dread through jungle fun, if you can think outside the Reynoldsian terminology matrix for a moment

dilbert1

It's too literalist with respect to aesthetics. No one's paying the cover to go have a real panic attack, or to mean mug everyone because they're truly miserable. These experiences bring pleasure

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

DJ Manny - Escape Reality (2024)

Really like how this fuses the jungle-y breakbeats with the staccato footwork bass

And ofc the atmospheric synths tailor made for my weepy Romantic sensibilities

I like the rest of the EP too