luka

eh? im doing dry january and possibly febuary but i thought i should buy the bottle on sight cos they're fairly rare. if you want one they had another couple at c.gars by leadenhall market, under £100.

luka

they had the 15 and 18 too but most people like the 10 best and it's the cheapest. they've got other interesting things there too and theres another good bottle shop in the market that's worth a browse.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
they had the 15 and 18 too but most people like the 10 best and it's the cheapest. they've got other interesting things there too and theres another good bottle shop in the market that's worth a browse.
Spot the ex-Aussie!

luka

Don't Judge it by its Label

Very unique, complex, and old-world quality malt. Don't be fooled by the bottom-shelf looking label, this is an outstandingly sophisticated tasting Scotch. Changes over time, offering something new with every glass. I've gotten flavors of honey, hay, cola, barn-yard grassiness, funky dry-aged steak / cheese, industrial oil, burning wet leaves, moss, coastal air, and more. A really special whisky.

luka

.lots of mismatched fruits, sweet, sour, bitter, earth, peat smoke, lambs wool, hay, medicinal, band aids, doctors office, lemon, lime, cola, almond, salt, oak, rum, tequila, old leather, attic dust, musty stone cellar, spring flowers, ginger, chamomile tea, brown sugar, etc

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
.lots of mismatched fruits, sweet, sour, bitter, earth, peat smoke, lambs wool, hay, medicinal, band aids, doctors office, lemon, lime, cola, almond, salt, oak, rum, tequila, old leather, attic dust, musty stone cellar, spring flowers, ginger, chamomile tea, brown sugar, etc
What a load of old bollocks. As if anyone could distinguish all those scents at once.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I admire the casual use of "etc" at the end, though, as if to say "I could go on, but I won't bore you with it."

luka

not at once obviously. but the process of smelling and tasting i think is more interesting than you realise.

luka

you will get different things as you adjust the angle of the glass and so on and youlll get different things as you move the spirit around your mouth and my guess is you get better at imagining things into reality the more you work at it

luka

next time you take a wee nip of liquid acid try sniffing a glass of scotch and you'll be like, o yeah, theres more going on here than i realised.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
you will get different things as you adjust the angle of the glass and so on and youlll get different things as you move the spirit around your mouth and my guess is you get better at imagining things into reality the more you work at it

thirsty nowwww

luka

wrong thread fuck

anyway tea its like making love to a beautiful woman. your senses need to open up a bit to really get into it

luka

Flabbergasting lemons and tight green fruits (all kinds of unripe berries, really), chalk and Sancerre, ashes, a drop of seawater, green peppercorns, yuzu, umami sauce… Oh wow, this one floors me. Finish: tight, fresh, nervous, citrusy, chalky, with some wholegrain bread and a tiny touch of juniper. Perhaps. Comments: amazing.