rap with IDM esque beats

forclosure

Theres probably a few ways to take this but the songs I was thinking of were anything that sounds like those handful of aphex twins songs that could be called 'crossover hits.' So soft synths/pads and jittery meters making a quaint atmosphere thats both sleepy and cute and touch surreal.
i gurantee there's a bunch of makeshift producers who attempted this when they heard "Blame Game" and they will never so the world the result of their "experiments" even if you tried to get it out of em

also i just wanna say that i'm so fucking sick of Aphex Twin now man, bun that cornish bastard

wild greens

So soft synths/pads and jittery meters making a quaint atmosphere thats both sleepy and cute and touch surreal.
Sounds like cloud rap to me?

The title makes me think of all those weird cluttered No Limit beats though, like the second Mystikal album

forclosure

Sounds like cloud rap to me?

The title makes me think of all those weird cluttered No Limit beats though, like the second Mystikal album
Its funny you bring up No Limit cause every once in a while one Beats by the Pound would stumble in making a beat that was really experimental but cause of the way that label put out albums it was just beat 14 of 30 they made that day

forclosure

it does sound like "cloud rap" which is another ting i'm kinda tired of hearing about

also i'm sure you could put this down to toxic masculinity or whatever but i don't like the idea of rap beats being described as "cute"

wild greens

Its funny you bring up No Limit cause every once in a while one Beats by the Pound would stumble in making a beat that was really experimental but cause of the way that label put out albums it was just beat 14 of 30 they made that day

Its amazing how much stuff they put out 97-99 really, as you say a lot of it can be pretty generic but some of them are mad

A no Limit thread is probably more interesting to me tbh i will make one later

forclosure

Its amazing how much stuff they put out 97-99 really, as you say a lot of it can be pretty generic but some of them are mad

A no Limit thread is probably more interesting to me tbh i will make one later
surprised it hasn't happened already but yeah i'd be up for that

woops

is not like other people
it does sound like "cloud rap" which is another ting i'm kinda tired of hearing about

also i'm sure you could put this down to toxic masculinity or whatever but i don't like the idea of rap beats being described as "cute"
warming up

forclosure

why's that then
the combination between rapper and the beats they pick never really go together it often comes off better in theory than in practise, not only that but when picking acapellas for rappers people tend to pick the same couple rappers and verses over and over.

Also i don't know if its just me but its like a wise man on a metal blog i used to read once made the point that white people when it comes to rap have no middle ground when it comes to their tastes and this is reflective of that they either go for the most dullard or "alternative" of rappers and put them over Marvin gaye,fela kuti or if they really think they're being spicy whatever post-hardcore band they still like or its the most over the top/garish of street rappers and they wanna put them over EDM bullshit or Neutral Milk hotel or god help us make a "nightcore remix"

forclosure

plus mi nah lie in the case of Gucci is like you mean to tell me of all the tapes and albums that man has and you mean to tell me your entry way was something like that or that remix ting that was endorsed by Diplo??

woops

is not like other people
the combination between rapper and the beats they pick never really go together it often comes off better in theory than in practise, not only that but when picking acapellas for rappers people tend to pick the same couple rappers and verses over and over.

Also i don't know if its just me but its like a wise man on a metal blog i used to read once made the point that white people when it comes to rap have no middle ground when it comes to their tastes and this is reflective of that they either go for the most dullard or "alternative" of rappers and put them over Marvin gaye,fela kuti or if they really think they're being spicy whatever post-hardcore band they still like or its the most over the top/garish of street rappers and they wanna put them over EDM bullshit or Neutral Milk hotel or god help us make a "nightcore remix"
so is Gucci mANE a dullard or is he middleground? i'm confused
plus mi nah lie in the case of Gucci is like you mean to tell me of all the tapes and albums that man has and you mean to tell me your entry way was something like that or that remix ting that was endorsed by Diplo??
this isn't a gucci mane thread though it's called rap with idm beats so when @linebaugh said he was talking about aphex synths plus rap i thought that reminds me of something, might be what he's looking for. if it as a gucci mane thread i wouldn't contribute, cos ive only heard 1 tune of his called so icy it's about how much jewellery he's got.

wild greens

There are probably loads of antipop consortium or beans records that fit this idea you're looking for

Maybe the Mike Ladd Infesticons/Majesticons albums too