linebaugh

the visible 'future' music of the 90's like IDM and metalheadz style jungle didnt have legs but there are still remnants of the melodies and tonal packages they were working with on top of all the wankery, which enya was already doing at the time. you could say this about all new wave music but its still impressive she managed to make the style fun

sus

"Who can say where the road goes? Where the road flows? Only time" —Enya

The socioeconomic realities which define our moment are threefold:

william_kent

I'm sort of depressed that Enya is even getting taken seriously on this forum - she's the soundtrack to the final killing scene in serial killer movies just like Iron Butterfly ( Manhunter ), and who takes that seriously?

enya - orinoco flow - from US remake of "The Girl With The dragon tattoo"

william_kent

actually I love the use of In-A-Gadda-Da_Vida in manhunter, almost rivals its use in The Simpsons

The simpsons - In the garden of eden

lighters in the air!

manhunter - In a gadda da vida

william_kent

but.. if it came to a head to head between Kate Bush & Enya, then Enya wins hands down, no coke bloat, didn't have to fuck the guitarist from Pink Floyd when she was 14 to get a record contract, and, what do you know, Enya lives in a castle

edit: Fred Vermorel wouldn't get across the drawbridge, let alone get to perve at the top of the stairs
( maybe @martin and @john eden will get that reference... )

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: sus

mvuent

Void Dweller
they're american and also under the age of 30. the whole context is totally differnt. its like some mystical celtic plainsong to them
it's a bit like me saying in another thread that arcane was the best tv show i've ever watched, sort of a joke because there are obvious reasons why it's considered very embarrassing but i also genuinely like it despite that. like craner saying he likes that one Whigfield song.