have you had the corona yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IdleRich

IdleRich
Not sure why fudging (sounds dirty!) would take place, but that type of thing sis more likely to come from government bureaucrats with an agenda. The people e I'm talking about are largely the hospital administrators and doctors, who usually say the vast majority of admissions are people who are unvaccinated, period. There are still many millions of them here.
As if the doctors aren't in on it too... hopelessly naive Leo, honestly sometimes I wonder how you managed to reach such a ripe old age if you just go around believing qualified health professionals over wild-eyed maniacs screaming into the internet.

One of the most successful bits of government propaganda has been to make "tinfoil hatter" into an insult and to trick us into thinking that just because someone is a madman with no qualifications who lives in his mother's basement, is addicted to wanking and calls themselves Assorted Cookies, what they say can somehow be disregarded.

Ask yourself this Leo? Do you find yourself tending to automatically believe a scientist or doctor more than the person I described above? Why is that do you think? I'll tell you why, first they tricked you into removing your tinfoil hat and then they beamed that propaganda (along with so much else) into your head so that now you don't even question it. You honestly think that you arrived at that belief by yourself and that it is a reasonable position to hold. Unfortunately you are so deeply ensnared by their mind games that you have internalised these positions to the extent that it is now all but impossible for me to penetrate the fog of disinformation within which you have so willingly hidden yourself and to help you become free. But the cruellest irony is that your programming is such that to those such as you, it's what I'M saying here that sounds mad!

mixed_biscuits

As if the doctors aren't in on it too... hopelessly naive Leo, honestly sometimes I wonder how you managed to reach such a ripe old age if you just go around believing qualified health professionals over wild-eyed maniacs screaming into the internet.

One of the most successful bits of government propaganda has been to make "tinfoil hatter" into an insult and to trick us into thinking that just because someone is a madman with no qualifications who lives in his mother's basement, is addicted to wanking and calls themselves Assorted Cookies, what they say can somehow be disregarded.

Ask yourself this Leo? Do you find yourself tending to automatically believe a scientist or doctor more than the person I described above? Why is that do you think? I'll tell you why, first they tricked you into removing your tinfoil hat and then they beamed that propaganda (along with so much else) into your head so that now you don't even question it. You honestly think that you arrived at that belief by yourself and that it is a reasonable position to hold. Unfortunately you are so deeply ensnared by their mind games that you have internalised these positions to the extent that it is now all but impossible for me to penetrate the fog of disinformation within which you have so willingly hidden yourself and to help you become free. But the cruellest irony is that your programming is such that to those such as you, it's what I'M saying here that sounds mad!
Don't think you understand: rather than picking a doctor from the hospitals with a ratio of vaxxed:unvaxxed in keeping with the NHS' overall figures, they pick one from an outlier...and why would they not, as it makes for a harder- hitting story?

If a story refers to a particular hospital rather than making a general claim, you can expect it to be an anomaly.

Leo

"Seemingly every" = cherry-picked reports from hospitals with an unusually high proportion of unvaxxed; we get the same type of news story here

pretty much just the average hospital, actually. doctors and nurses who are about to drop dead themselves from exhaustion have no reason to lie about who's admitted. their one dream is that fewer people are admitted so they can get some time off to get back to a normal life.

Don't think you understand: rather than picking a doctor from the hospitals with a ratio of vaxxed:unvaxxed in keeping with the NHS' overall figures, they pick one from an outlier...and why would they not, as it makes for a harder- hitting story?

If a story refers to a particular hospital rather than making a general claim, you can expect it to be an anomaly.

Sounding a bit paranoid, mixed! This is just a general observation I'm making, they'll report hospitals in XX city are getting dangerously overrun with covid cases, and talk to hospital admins and doctors at a few local ones for comment.

Also, should we start a Fudging thread?

On second thought...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
They were claiming a 32x difference then so we're getting a little more realistic lol
Yes, that was at the very start of the vaccination programme, when they began with the sick and the very elderly, who naturally stand to gain the greatest proportional protection since they're the most vulnerable. Obviously the overall benefit will then be diluted somewhat as younger, and less inherently vulnerable, cohorts are vaccinated. There is still a substantial net benefit to every age group, if you can be arsed to look up the numbers for yourself (which you obviously won't).

And "Haha, the vaccines only makes you 20 times less likely to die, not 32 times less likely, so my claim that they're worthless is basically correct" isn't terribly convincing.

shakahislop

its....this video....i mean the quaint music, the description of it as an 'Awesome Guinea Pig Farming Technique'....the cute animals running around leading inexorably to chopped up carcasses....its incredible

mixed_biscuits

pretty much just the average hospital, actually. doctors and nurses who are about to drop dead themselves from exhaustion have no reason to lie about who's admitted. their one dream is that fewer people are admitted so they can get some time off to get back to a normal life.

Sounding a bit paranoid, mixed! This is just a general observation I'm making, they'll report hospitals in XX city are getting dangerously overrun with covid cases, and talk to hospital admins and doctors at a few local ones for comment.

Also, should we start a Fudging thread?

On second thought...
Do you know how the press works?

mixed_biscuits

Yes, that was at the very start of the vaccination programme, when they began with the sick and the very elderly, who naturally stand to gain the greatest proportional protection since they're the most vulnerable. Obviously the overall benefit will then be diluted somewhat as younger, and less inherently vulnerable, cohorts are vaccinated. There is still a substantial net benefit to every age group, if you can be arsed to look up the numbers for yourself (which you obviously won't).

And "Haha, the vaccines only makes you 20 times less likely to die, not 32 times less likely, so my claim that they're worthless is basically correct" isn't terribly convincing.
... and what was the difference in the trial itself again?