Classic compilations

michael

Bring out the vacuum
I know it's a good 6 months since anyone posted in this thread, but I listened to my copy of a thing called Deutscher Funk today and was quite thrown by how good it sounds 7 or 8 years down the track.

It was put out on Caipirinha Records and was compiled by Bernd Friedman. Neither of those boded too well, IMO, but I reckon it's a great collection of post-dance electronics from various Germans. Some of the stuff might even be considered post-rock, I guess, but reminds me of when that seemed like a potentially fertile thing...

jk_gabba

gabba survivor
Maybe not a classic yet , i can see myself listening to "Run the Road" in 5 years time, definatly a defining compilation..

dsp13

GAMEBWOY
I loved the electric ladyland series on mille plateaux... having patric c and panacea alongside dj spooky, spectre, dj vadim, bomb 20, mou and techno animal on the same album was truly inspired compiling for the time. There were a lot of killer tracks on those comps.

henry s

Street Fighting Man
Basic Channel CD
Biorhythms 1 & 2
that first Detroit techno compilation
Solar Disco
Back In Mono (do box sets count?)

kingofcars

dsp13 said:
I loved the electric ladyland series on mille plateaux... having patric c and panacea alongside dj spooky, spectre, dj vadim, bomb 20, mou and techno animal on the same album was truly inspired compiling for the time. There were a lot of killer tracks on those comps.

right on. mille plateaux's industrial dub-funk period was WAY cool.
bit of a shame, the whole 'glitch' thing.