idm song

woops

is not like other people
is that aphex one IDM anyway? it sounds like acid to me. i listened to the whole analord set not that long ago and the only one i liked a lot was pissed up in se1

version

One of the worst logos of all time,

hqdefault.jpg

version

'Squarepusher’s tendency to overdub uproarious applause onto tracks that were created without a live audience present indicates that he favors the lens of music as performance. Aphex Twin’s exasperation at this—“he added crowd noise etc to the recordsing, wtf!”—gives the impression that he either dislikes this lens or just has a modicum of taste.'
-- Ian Mvuent​

Benny Bunter

Aphex is the only one for me out of all the so-called idm stuff who actually sounds like he's done loads of acid and mushrooms and managed to convey that state musically. Well, maybe black dog as well, if they count.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Zoviet France underpin one route in. You could argue they’re ambient or blah genre. Find their atmospheric pressure and presencing of unglitchy worlds a precursor to the rich, reverb-heavy releases by folks that might come to mind for the subject. It’s easy to plunge down a ZF wormhole for weeks

You could take a thousand idm tracks and then play ZF and the source signal strength of the latter will become instantly clearer. Mohnomishe track 4, all the way to Live in my Living Room. Best to plough in rather than take my word for it. Duck in a Tree pod too, intersecting field recordings and esoteric obscurities, can’t go wrong

Braindance? Black jeans and post ironic Reebok hi-tecs? There’s masses of it. Burn it all