Glastonbury Faecestival?

S

simon silverdollar

DJL said:
Glastonbury was shit except for Brian Wilson. The crowd seemed the lamest yet with it now costing £200 or whatever to get in. Ruined.

did you see lethal b, crazy titch and fire camp turn up to do a surprise set tho? or norman cook arriving in a tank for a suprise set in the dance area? i don't think that glastonbury is shit at all- you just need to keep away from the main stages.

Badmarsh

Yeah what was the dance arena's saying? who rocked and who flopped? how did the cutting edge grime sound go down?

S

simon silverdollar

Badmarsh said:
Yeah what was the dance arena's saying? who rocked and who flopped? how did the cutting edge grime sound go down?

the dance area was great: it worked really well having lots of little stages instead of one big one. fire camp etc went dowjn surprisingly well- the tent was really empty when they started, but it soon filled up. j2k and crazy titch have a nice double-act thing going as well.
The Bug was great too- played classic dancehall riddims like diwali as well as his own stuff. fatboy slim in the tank was great- it was a suprise set so hardly anyone was there and it felt really intimate- he was holding up records to us to guage our reaction before deciding whether to play them or not.

2 many djs did a great electro-house DJ set- no mashups or bootlegs at all, i don't think.
cassette boy abnd dj/rubbish were hilarious and just what a wet glastonbury audience needs. they had this MC with them who warned us, 'Don't touch children', and was bigging up his DJ by saying, 'It's as if he's not shit!'. excellent.

ceephax was a little too heavy on crazy DSP wanks for my liking- i like him when he's in a more frenetically danceable acid mood.

mark one and virus syndicate didn't turn up, sadly.

but, all in all, the dance area was a great sucess. altho it needs more drug dealers.

jk_gabba

gabba survivor
DJL said:
The crowd seemed the lamest yet with it now costing £200 or whatever to get in. Ruined.

I hadn't been for 7 years ( last time it rained badly) and the crowd did seem a whole lot more "big chill" and middle class than when the fences where down...

On a dissensus tip, anyone catch Kano and ghetto on the left feild stage whilst coldplay where on?

sufi

lala
Coldplay

apparently i saw the whole set
excessive pear cider seems to have mercifully blocked out the entire experience from my memories

& the link to their kylie tribute on the beeb is down :(

my 1st glasta experience since 1990 :eek: which was 'year of the ravers' - 6 days of swamp riots, rampaging gangs of scallies fighting pitched battles wid the secirity, cowboy sound systems in the camping areas, mostly spent on acid under a tractor 'is that african headcharge?'

2005 no 'ash4cash, no dogs? :(

Badmarsh

Some of my peeps went glasto - they went and checked lethal b out who was playing there.

tent was empty...but he still rewound his tune pow three times. and started it again.

u gotta give it to the grime kids...they love themselves.

S

simon silverdollar

wiley was on site but he didn't appear on stage, to my knowledge.

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
Yoghurt Sothoth said:
AH, SWEET CESSPIT! IT GLADDENS ME GREATLY THAT PROCEEDINGS HATH BEEN CONSUMED BY SUCH A WEALTH OF STILL-WARM EFFLUENT AND TURDISTRY THIS YEAR! AND MY MINIONS, OH, HOW THEY STRAIN AT THEIR FILTHY LEASHES! THE PROSPECT OF GULPING DOWN SUCH VOLUMINOUS MIASMA IS ALMOST TOO MUCH TO BEAR!

Yeh, and I hear there was a bit of rain too.