Motorik

william_kent

Seems wrong to call Mother Sky a S3 tune, or am I misreading?

that post was crafted for my own amusement, every line is an elaborate joke, but I wouldn't expect anyone else to penetrate my sense of humour and if you don't get the jokes then that is my fault and if I have to explain a joke then that is maybe the worst thing I could do

i have a friend, lets's call her C, who emphasises to me that she is the "funniest"person I will ever meet

but she is wrong, because i post the funniest posts ever, but only I recognise that

if comedy was jazz fusion, then I'm Jaco Pastorius

TL; DR: if I have to explain a joke then it probably wasn't funny

william_kent

Korb - Hollow Earth

UK space rock band cover Hawkwind's Opa Loka*

* I'm "joshing"

from the liner notes: "Spatial distortions and temporal displacement"

edit: I just got their second and third albums in the post today, so far I'd say they are "motorik' based on what I've heard

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm hereby commissioning an epic motorik mix from @IdleRich - have it on the dissensus desk by this time next week.
Right, now I've got the laptop working I'm gonna do this properly. We made an hour long motorik mix for Mutant which was fun and everything, in fact I was pleased with it, but it felt like a toy mix or something cos if we used the full tracks we would have only had room for about three of them.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've never thought of f JJ Cale as being anywhere in the vicinity of motorik, but recently I saw someone comparing his Durango to Hallogallo by Neu! which, as previously stated, is the ne plus ultra of motorik. So I checked it out... and I do hear what they're saying to some extent

But I think one of the weird interesting things about music is that A and B can sound similar but be different kinds of music. Just like A can sound a lot like B and B a lot like C, but A and C are not the same at all.

So yeah this does sound a little like Hallogallo and I'm glad to hear that tune cos it's great... but not sure it's quite motorik. Which I'm sure matters to no one of course.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Just heard this while looking for something else, I guess the band are called Likewolf... seems to be they put a kind of blues vocal over ten minutes of motorik blues.

IdleRich

IdleRich
There is one motorik tune I really dig but which I can't find online anywhere. Years ago when I moved to London I used to go to a night called Kosmische (in fact even before that I travelled there especially a couple of times) which played krautrock and similar type stuff. As I understood it the two main djs were some mad genius called Bunnyhausen who opened my ears to all kinds of sounds - and this other guy called Leon. Leon was in a band called Radio 9, I remember a few of us seeing them live at Notting Hill Arts Club and being blown away by how good they were - though admittedly there was the slight proviso that we had all been on it for days with no sleep...

And so I bought one of their records to check it still sounded good... and I think it did. I've had this record for about twenty years now, you can hear how dirty and knackered it is from frequent play. For some reason it doesn't seem to be online anywhere at all, and that seems a shame to me so I've recorded the first minute or two to YouTube to give you an idea at least.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Another thing springs to mind.

A band called Jeans Team who did this one track which was a shameless rip-off of Los Ninos Del Parque but which I still like

They have another tune which I prefer though which is in almost an electropop style, certainly it feels quite playful but also with a hint of melancholy in there too. And I like to play it when dj-ing if I've gone too hard and it feels like it's too relentless and dark, then I can put this in cos despite being lighter it's actually pretty fast tempo and you mix it into harder stuff and lighten the mood. It's called Vergessen.... and I've just realized it's not on YouTube so I can't put it here after all that. Sorry.

Edit - weird version here

IdleRich

IdleRich
Did you listen to that @version? What did you reckon? Also, can you make out the lyrics? Cos Pedro and I both shouted out random phrases, and I'm kinda worried that his phrases are... well it's not quite DJ Assault but it's not what I would have said.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Didn't really notice the lyrics, the vocals were just another instrument. And I reckon it's decent. Had my head bobbing.

Yeah that's exactly what they were supposed to be, just a noise really... but given that that was the case, I wondered why Pedro decided to shout "Titties on the floor" as his lyric... but I was hoping that it couldn't be recognised anyhow.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Can have some motorik tracks don't they? But I don't think that we have a single one in this thread.... which are their most motorik tracks?

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm now deep into my second Motorik Megamix... drawing heavily on this thread, just done a little bit based on the work of @william_kent with Chrome segueing into Damon Edge...

IdleRich

IdleRich
Don't think we've had Cavenr of Anti-Matter have we? Should be an obvious one cos it's the guy out of Setreolab of course. I only have one of their albums but I suspect that they have a lot of motorik gear... think this was the first thing they did. I gotta be honest, I've tried to love that album that I have and I just can't. This track is fine but it really brings nothing new to the table as far as I can tell.