“Your Call is Very Important to Us” - music heard hanging on the phone

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
No, this isn’t an ad for Shazam but did have to run the app earlier due to 60 minutes wasted waiting along to

Perfect, perfect awfulness. There’s a beat, an Enya era synth, yet it remains almost entirely 100% vacuous of life. Of I ever chance on Tim Carleton or Darrick Deel sorry @sufi but I have to fill both these cunt in

wektor

No, this isn’t an ad for Shazam but did have to run the app earlier due to 60 minutes wasted waiting along to

Perfect, perfect awfulness. There’s a beat, an Enya era synth, yet it remains almost entirely 100% vacuous of life. Of I ever chance on Tim Carleton or Darrick Deel sorry @sufi but I have to fill both these cunt in
oh had this one too a while ago, too.
was this virgin media?

version

Sam Kidel did an album based around this stuff,

Slight tangent, but you get people on YouTube who collect and upload stuff like 90s weather channel reports and music too,

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Endless, demoralising, noir-y heaps of audio filler. The impact of millions of Valium tablets slowly finding their way into homes and limbic systems

oh had this one too a while ago, too.
was this virgin media?

NHS talking/bouncing between one switchboard then another, “have to put you on hold, duck” again and again with a monstrosity so tragic I had to find it

Who is responsible for these choices, who are they, how do you get to such a strange position in life? Are they aware of harm done? Or is that the point - to wear you into sedated drool?

Ok, cooling down now, everything’s fiiiine

version

Another like this is the stuff they have on the TV in some waiting rooms. My GP used to have this same cycle of adverts and an old cartoon with the sound off that eventually irritated me no end.

blissblogger

Once, calling a bank or some other institution in America, I was startled to hear the original music sampled on this -

Not the whole track but a section of it with all the key "Information Centre" jazzy refrains. Round and round it went, brightening my purgatorial wait for a human assistant. In that context, it sounded less darkside and more fuzak. (Whosampled.com doesn't have any clues as to what the source is)

Hey, I wonder if Gappa G & Hyper Hypa heard the music when calling some kind of actual information centre - and somehow managed to track it down...

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Corporate or public/charity/non-profit org all seem to pivot on a strummy acoustic guitar, affectless non-weight touches that you never quite remember. It’s so rare to hear a choon. Muzak for Bureaucracies

Honestly, today has been a revelation

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Cross post but

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Imagine if they used Coil's Time Machines and everyone who's trying to sort out their meter readings with British Gas or whatever gets involuntarily dragged into this primordial lysergic trance.
Which I'm sure would do you far less harm than actually talking to someone at British Gas these days.