What (and I cannot stress this enough) the fuck?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I don't think Tucker Carlson is OK, you know.

The rest of this video is hilarious enough, in its combination of post-Fight Club crisis-of-masculinity cliches and butch homoeroticism, but the best bit is the naked guy with the glowing dick-monolith.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
At least the Nazis took over most of Europe without having to pause to recharge their testicles.

You just don't get the same quality of fascist these days.

Leo

No, Rich. Survival of the male species -- and thus, mankind in general -- is only dependent on crushing latte-drinking progressives.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm just saying that that thing about a tablet that makes you hard... they should be careful, Pfizeri are famously litigative and I'm pretty sure that they already had that idea.

mixed_biscuits

It's letting you read into it what you will inevitably read into it whilst enabling alternative interpretations - pushes everyone's buttons so you push your TV's on-button

Last edited:

forclosure

It's a lot more subtle than y'all realise as there's a tension between proclaiming the end of men and this putative rebirth, which itself is portrayed tongue-in-cheekily

It's letting you read into it what you will inevitably read into it whilst enabling alternative interpretations - pushes everyone's buttons so you push your TV's on-button
see it's tongue in cheek sure but that's the probke with trying to push EVERYBODIES buttons innit? more people will take it at face value because they don't necessarily have the kind of critical reading skills to parse that so they just take the histroinics as such and it's what they take advantage of.
and that's why in part we are at the moment we're in because the lid on that pressure gague just burst off and its impossible to turn it down

forclosure

honestly i'm sick of that gormless look Carlson has on his face in these things like somebody took his sandwich out from under his nose before he could take the first bite

IdleRich

IdleRich
What is this? I mean, Tucker has made a video of weird naked men doing strange stuff, but why, to what end?

I never understand these men suddenly announcing that they are macho, that don't make it so. Tucker is a newsreader... except Fox actually defended his show in court (it was his wasn't it?) from the responsibility to tell the truth by arguing that it was really just entertainment. So, he is basically a man with a sedentary job - that of impersonating a newsreader - not some kind of special forces soldier, does he think videos like this will make everyone forget that? Just cos he's a racist with some unpleasant views it doesn't make him a hard man, it makes him a prick. And however many muscley men he puts in his videos it doesn't change the fact that he's just some rich old bloke in a suit who probably gets out of breath if he has to walk up a few flights of steps. I don't get the logic here; a no longer young man whose soft body and tender hands have never done a day of actual labour making a video that seems to say "The problem with the world is that too many of you are not honest and strong working men like me".

Or is that somehow the point - everyone lies about everything all the time, here are some more lies.