y'all ready for this - breaking ranks presents 57 varieties

stelfox

Beast of Burden
yeah i was a bit previous - i put it up before the mix was done, then moved house and now there's LOTS OF NEW RIDDIMS AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! i will be doing a mix equally as big as this very soon to redeem myself, probably with a lot of the same stuff on it

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
stelfox said:
yeah i was a bit previous - i put it up before the mix was done, then moved house and now there's LOTS OF NEW RIDDIMS AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!
Just finish this mix (surely it only needs a bit of polishing) and then bang a new mix up.

Link?

When our current mix is done I'm taking time out to, like, watch TV and talk to the wife. Still lots of ammunition coming through from Eden though.

john eden

male pale and stale
2stepfan said:
When our current mix is done I'm taking time out to, like, watch TV and talk to the wife. Still lots of ammunition coming through from Eden though.

After this mix I'm going to bin Paul and go solo. ;)

zhao

there are no accidents
stelfox said:
and now there's LOTS OF NEW RIDDIMS AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! i will be doing a mix equally as big as this very soon to redeem myself, probably with a lot of the same stuff on it

yeah we all want every mix to the the be all and end all of that sound... but it's just unrealistic. as artists I think perfectionism is a debilitating hindrance in most cases... we can prolly all use some practice with "letting go" and not becoming to attached to our work.

"with the same stuff on it" ? you mean some of the same rhythms but different tracks?

I myself am just biding my time for a giant dancehall/bhangra/reggaeton mix and a grime / dubstep mix :)

woops

is not like other people
can we get an answer on the showerman / showerface / showercurtain thing?
sourface?
sorry everyone.

gabriel

The Heatwave
there's a jamaican gang called shower posse or similar - cos of the showers of bullets involved in their killings etc. i imagine the grimey slang usage of shower-related stuff referring to badman-related things is derived from this

mms

sometimes
xiquet said:
there's a jamaican gang called shower posse or similar - cos of the showers of bullets involved in their killings etc. i imagine the grimey slang usage of shower-related stuff referring to badman-related things is derived from this
i had this explained to me yesterday -

showerface is the grimace a badman pulls when he sprays bullets in ja slang
so it's that kind of ubermench death/sex face - a kind of evil orgasm as the power of life and death over others takes hold.
my words not the person who explained it :)

the adaptation of all the shower curtain stuff is just cos it's funny and odd i think.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
john eden said:
After this mix I'm going to bin Paul and go solo. ;)
Best of luck bad boy.

I'm just waiting for the day when we can split the production workload :cool:.

(And, one day, I'm going to take time to buy some reggae records!)

It's not as if you haven't done solo mixes before. It's just that they're better when you let me polish them...

dsp13

GAMEBWOY
shower curtain makes me think of someone wrapping a body up after a murder... on a less morbid note... come wit da mix stelfox or i'll cold shower ya... (like... um turn on the hot tap in your kitchen when yr in the shower or summin) gwaaar :mad:

dHarry

dsp13 said:
shower curtain makes me think of someone wrapping a body up after a murder... QUOTE]

I presumed it was the classic Hitchcock Psycho scene - Janet Leigh in shower in Bates Motel / shadow outside shower curtain / curtain opens / knife comes down / Bernard Hermann's strings stab dissonantly along with knife / blood runs down plughole