What motivates me? What motivates you?

sufi

lala
mostly working with nice people spurs me on, but that's like the flip side of a guilt trip so it can slide into inertia quite smoothly

what about you?

and don't give us none of that self-help shite please, sarcastic slogans are acceptable

catalog

i actually had to do this wants/needs thing for a work thing recently but it wasn't totally true. i mostly wanna sit on my arse all day and have thoughts and get paid to do that, if im honest.

mixed_biscuits

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Selfishly, finding music, the unending quest. @sufi the allotment is a quiet space? Wife and I find a good balance there. She doesn’t blitzkrieg me with endless Sade and I don’t Grateful Dead her, sharing a quiet space while separating off how (in a non Jordan Peterson freak out about gender manner) we decompress similarly as humans. I’ll glass any cunt who says The Good Life

Work? People who can flex and self-organise, at a minimum. Seeing through the worst shifts as a unit. A crew. It’s a rush at times. Conversely seen a lot of death and pavements, difference between successful outcomes and someone overdosing or getting sectioned indefinitely can be fine margins

If you ever walk through an old poorly maintained Victorian asylum type site that the NHS has slowly repurposed, think through all the lived experiences it has hosted - is there a greater concentration of sadness and victory in any other health setting? Most of these sites had upgrades in the 50’s that still show, followed by lighter lime green/palest blue (Roy Andersson looking colours) in the 80’s. Scattered demountable admin blocks added separately, all the old wings intact (which become obvious quickly inside)

One of our org’s induction jokes is taking a nuub on a tour of a few on their first day, play Alcatraz by Ingram M in the office at them /vid call (see prison thread). If they can handle that and all the fuckin death, they’re alright