[FYP] Very Important Please Read Immediately

sus

However I have now read the piece called Gaming and Entailment and sounds about right, certainly I see little to argue with in what you've said. Ironically(?) enough it makes perfect sense, in fact, unless I'm missing the point somewhere it feels fairly uncontroversial - some may not like the choice of language and the negative implications that could be supposed to arise from it I guess but that's it.

Maybe I'm not getting it but, if I am, I think that you're saying, for example, that if you were at the dinner table with someone and you asked them to pass you the salt, then one way of describing that is as a move in a game that seeks to steer (or manipulate) them into moving the salt so you can use it. And no doubt some might say "I'm not manipulating anyone" but that would only be a sort of delicacy about their perceived connotations of the word manipulate.
Yes that's it, well done, now onto the next one

sus

Turns out yes. But - sorry - what is TIS?

Is it just me that is thrown by this? It feels that, the way you've linked this to dissensus, everyone here knows what TIS is and what their goals are and the importance of the explore-exploit algorithm to them should be obvious... but I'm afraid that all slipped by me, maybe I was away that day.
It's the name of the blog! TIS!

sus

Gobstuck I have gotten even a single person to read or engage, let alone this outpour!

sus

@version Please write a detailed report of these ideas for the records, so that future Dissensians will know the towering intellects that came before them

sus

Your laughing. Am I right? Surely theres a better way to say that
It is irreducible in other form, it is Way more complex than that, there are many phenomena in addition to the one you speak of, they are more vast and complex than you can imagine

sus

It is hard being one of the few gifted children to deliver on their childhood promise. All the other formerly gifted kids get resentful and it's very uncomfortable

sus

They have all the book smarts and yet they get cucked by the Man—whos so smart now

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Suspended fuffilled the promise. When someome asks what he does all day he can say writes. Luke can say this too but the optics are undignified and thus disqualifies him
Luke writes for tourists, Gus writes for the terminally online post-capitalist vanguard.

• Haha
Reactions: sus