THE LOWER MIDDLE CLASS

luka

this feels like a comparatively underexamined and very important social grouping in the UK. Craner is always mocking Corpsey and making him the butt of every joke for being a member of the lower middle class and trying to better himself. what do you have to say about this fascinating social grouping? exhibit a is that source direct documentary version and john eden love.

luka

as well as Corpsey youve got things like Hyacinth Bucket and Abigails Party (neither of which i've ever seen)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I know it must be hard for a man with craner's upbringing and education not to regard someone of my upbringing as a sort of petite bourgeois bactillus, but I implore him to grant me and my family at least the dignity he grants the animals on his family's farm.

luka

I know it must be hard for a man with craner's upbringing and education not to regard someone of my upbringing as a sort of petite bourgeois
I love the lower middle classes. They are my favorite type of bacillus.

, but I implore him to grant me and my family at least the dignity he grants the animals on his family's farm.

craner

Beast of Burden
The trouble with the lower middles classes is that if you give them too much praise you end up with Ian Dunt and if you give them too much power you end up with Mussolini.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
What are some features of the lower middle class?

Heightened anxiety over being thought lower class?

Less delusion re being upper class than the upper middle?