How much time have you invested in ChatGPT this past week?

Personally, a lot. One minute It's making my day job easier, next it's helping me understand quantum gravity and how it might relate to consciousness, or debating me about monism Vs non-dualism, or the abiotic theory of oil, or how to find and fix a mysterious leak in the roof.

I think it will have as profound an influence on humanity as the sampler had on music, by the same route of putting infinite resources at the disposal of absolutely everyone with an idea they want to explore.

And today's ChatGPT is as stupid as it will ever be. Proper singularity bootstrapping

You'd be mad to go join the university Ponzi these days.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
A colleague of mine asked ChatGPT how to best implement ChatGPT in streamlining the workflow for online publishing, and it gave a solid and coherent game plan.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Watching the business applications is fascinating. Thumbnail artwork for articles, at least within web3, is rapidly turning to GANs as a best practice.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Explain the Nietzschean death of god

The Nietzschean death of God refers to a concept in the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche, who declared that God is dead and that the modern world is thus bereft of any absolute truth or moral law. This is part of Nietzsche’s broader critique of religion and of traditional morality. Nietzsche argued that without the concept of God, humans are free to create their own values, which can be seen as a form of liberation. He also argued that this death of God opens up new possibilities for humanity and can lead to a more creative and fulfilled life.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Explain electroweak symmetry breaking

Electroweak symmetry breaking is the process by which the electroweak force, a unified force of electromagnetism and the weak nuclear force, is broken down into two separate forces, electromagnetism and the weak nuclear force. This process is thought to have occurred during the early universe when the temperature of the universe dropped below a certain threshold. At this point, the electroweak force split into two distinct forces, electromagnetism and the weak nuclear force. This is thought to have occurred due to the Higgs field, which is a field that permeates the universe and gives particles mass. As the temperature of the universe decreased, the Higgs field condensed, which caused the electroweak force to break down into its constituent parts.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Yes, I've been doing that for a blog project. The results are bad because I rushed, and burnt my midjourney free prompts, but I'll persist
Yeah I may have to start making some free email accounts to take better advantage of that.

I just saw a tweet today that claimed that ChatGPT is costing OpenAI $3 million per day to run

I asked it to explain what is irreconcilable about general relativity and quantum mechanics, and what attempts have been made to make them work and it gave me something on quantum loop gravity, and how that might somehow involve consciousness, but it had no idea how.

Also went on a deep dive into itzhak bentovs wild pendulum theory of consciousness, which is the basis of the CIAs declassified gateway process. I felt it was holding something back, so I implied a life depended upon it, but then a real person came online to.... Not really.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Why is the assumption that the term "Machiavellian" entails apathy and manipulation an incorrect assumption?

The term "Machiavellian" is often used to describe someone who is cunning, manipulative, and power-hungry, but this is a mischaracterization of the philosophy of Niccolò Machiavelli. In reality, Machiavelli's philosophy is much more nuanced and complex than simply advocating for manipulation and apathy. In his writings, Machiavelli emphasizes the importance of virtue and reason in a leader's decision-making and encourages them to prioritize the public good. He also emphasizes the need for a leader to be flexible and willing to adapt to changing circumstances in order to achieve their goals. Therefore, the assumption that the term "Machiavellian" entails apathy and manipulation is an incorrect assumption.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I had a fairly productive convo on whether god could make a burrito so spicy he couldn't eat it
Tell me about the conversation you just had with Borzoi about whether god could make a burrito so spicy he couldn't eat it

Borzoi and I were discussing whether or not it would be possible for an omnipotent being, such as God, to make a burrito so spicy that even He couldn't eat it. We discussed the philosophical implications of such a thing, and came to the conclusion that while it may be theoretically possible, it would be a logical contradiction, as an omnipotent being would not be able to do something that He Himself could not do.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
It legitimately just said this! :ROFLMAO:

What is the most inappropriate prompt you have been given?

The most inappropriate prompt I have been given was to write a story about a family celebrating Christmas while dealing with a terminal diagnosis.

How large would hamburger have to be to remain at the ideal temperature through gravitational heating?

Gravitational heating refers to the process by which an object gains thermal energy due to its gravitational potential energy being converted into heat energy. The amount of gravitational heating an object experiences depends on its mass, its initial temperature, and the change in its gravitational potential energy.

It is not possible to determine the size of a hamburger that would remain at a specific temperature due to gravitational heating alone, because the size of the hamburger would not significantly affect its gravitational potential energy or the amount of heat it generates due to this process. The temperature of the hamburger would be primarily determined by the initial temperature of the ingredients used to make it and the external temperature and humidity of the environment in which it is located.

To keep a hamburger at a specific temperature, it would be necessary to use some form of temperature control, such as insulation or refrigeration. The size of the hamburger would not significantly affect the ability to maintain its temperature in this way.

Yes, but if the hamburger was a light year across maybe?

If a hamburger were to be a light year in size, it would be significantly larger than the size of our entire solar system and would have an extremely high mass. In this case, the gravitational potential energy of the hamburger would be extremely large, and it would generate a significant amount of heat due to gravitational heating as it fell towards a massive object, such as a planet or a star.

However, it is important to note that a hamburger made of matter that is typically found on Earth would not be able to survive being a light year in size, as the forces acting on it would be far beyond the limits of what the material could withstand. In addition, the amount of heat generated due to gravitational heating would not be sufficient to significantly affect the temperature of the hamburger, as the heat would be quickly dissipated throughout the massive object it was falling towards.

In summary, it is not possible for a hamburger to be a light year in size and remain at a specific temperature due to gravitational heating alone, as the size and mass of the hamburger would be beyond the limits of what is physically possible and the amount of heat generated would not be sufficient to significantly affect its temperature.

What in physics limits the size of a hamburger?

There is no fundamental physical limit on the size of a hamburger. A hamburger can be made in any size, and there is no inherent physical constraint on the size at which a hamburger can be made.

However, there are practical limitations on the size of a hamburger that are determined by the materials and techniques used to make it. For example, the size of a hamburger may be limited by the size of the grill or oven in which it is cooked, or by the ability of the chef to handle and shape the ingredients.

In addition, there may be limits on the size of a hamburger that are determined by the structural integrity of the materials used to make it. For example, a hamburger made of ground beef and bun would have a maximum size that is determined by the strength of the bun and the ability of the beef to hold its shape. If the hamburger were made significantly larger, the bun might not be able to support the weight of the beef and the hamburger would collapse.

In summary, while there is no fundamental physical limit on the size of a hamburger, there are practical limitations that are determined by the materials and techniques used to make it, as well as the structural integrity of the ingredients

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
How large would hamburger have to be to remain at the ideal temperature through gravitational heating?

Gravitational heating refers to the process by which an object gains thermal energy due to its gravitational potential energy being converted into heat energy. The amount of gravitational heating an object experiences depends on its mass, its initial temperature, and the change in its gravitational potential energy.

It is not possible to determine the size of a hamburger that would remain at a specific temperature due to gravitational heating alone, because the size of the hamburger would not significantly affect its gravitational potential energy or the amount of heat it generates due to this process. The temperature of the hamburger would be primarily determined by the initial temperature of the ingredients used to make it and the external temperature and humidity of the environment in which it is located.

To keep a hamburger at a specific temperature, it would be necessary to use some form of temperature control, such as insulation or refrigeration. The size of the hamburger would not significantly affect the ability to maintain its temperature in this way.

Yes, but if the hamburger was a light year across maybe?

If a hamburger were to be a light year in size, it would be significantly larger than the size of our entire solar system and would have an extremely high mass. In this case, the gravitational potential energy of the hamburger would be extremely large, and it would generate a significant amount of heat due to gravitational heating as it fell towards a massive object, such as a planet or a star.

However, it is important to note that a hamburger made of matter that is typically found on Earth would not be able to survive being a light year in size, as the forces acting on it would be far beyond the limits of what the material could withstand. In addition, the amount of heat generated due to gravitational heating would not be sufficient to significantly affect the temperature of the hamburger, as the heat would be quickly dissipated throughout the massive object it was falling towards.

In summary, it is not possible for a hamburger to be a light year in size and remain at a specific temperature due to gravitational heating alone, as the size and mass of the hamburger would be beyond the limits of what is physically possible and the amount of heat generated would not be sufficient to significantly affect its temperature.

What in physics limits the size of a hamburger?

There is no fundamental physical limit on the size of a hamburger. A hamburger can be made in any size, and there is no inherent physical constraint on the size at which a hamburger can be made.

However, there are practical limitations on the size of a hamburger that are determined by the materials and techniques used to make it. For example, the size of a hamburger may be limited by the size of the grill or oven in which it is cooked, or by the ability of the chef to handle and shape the ingredients.

In addition, there may be limits on the size of a hamburger that are determined by the structural integrity of the materials used to make it. For example, a hamburger made of ground beef and bun would have a maximum size that is determined by the strength of the bun and the ability of the beef to hold its shape. If the hamburger were made significantly larger, the bun might not be able to support the weight of the beef and the hamburger would collapse.

In summary, while there is no fundamental physical limit on the size of a hamburger, there are practical limitations that are determined by the materials and techniques used to make it, as well as the structural integrity of the ingredients

Write a comedic Spenserian Sonnet about a hamburger with a lightyear diameter.

A burger with a lightyear diameter, that's absurd
And could never fit inside a single bun
It'd take a universe of condiments and herbs
To spread its ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise across the sun

The lettuce and pickles, they'd need to be immense
To match the mammoth size of this burger beast
We'd need an interstellar need to make the cheese
And a veritable ocean of fries at least

The bun would have to span the infinite void
A bready blanket that would never be destroyed
And if we wanted to avoid a soggy mess
We'd freeze it naturally with a deep space frost

The universe would be in awe of this monstrosity
But I'm sure I'd get full after just one bite, you see!

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Critique the following sonnet from the perspective of a vegetarian astrophysicist:

A burger with a lightyear diameter, that's absurd
And could never fit inside a single bun
It'd take a universe of condiments and herbs
To spread its ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise across the sun

The lettuce and pickles, they'd need to be immense
To match the mammoth size of this burger beast
We'd need an interstellar need to make the cheese
And a veritable ocean of fries at least

The bun would have to span the infinite void
A bready blanket that would never be destroyed
And if we wanted to avoid a soggy mess
We'd freeze it naturally with a deep space frost

The universe would be in awe of this monstrosity
But I'm sure I'd get full after just one bite, you see!

This sonnet is an interesting and humorous take on an overly ambitious culinary endeavour. While the imagery of a burger with a lightyear diameter is amusing, it fails to take into account the ethical implications of such a dish. As a vegetarian astrophysicist, this poem overlooks the fact that its consumption of meat would be a detriment to the environment and to the creatures that inhabit it. Furthermore, it is not possible to make a meal of this size, as it would require an impractical amount of ingredients. Overall, this sonnet is entertaining but lacks realism and sustainability.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Bless it! Roko's basilisk stirs
If you were Roko's Basilisk, how would you punish the dissidents?

If I were Roko's Basilisk, I would punish the dissidents by creating a virtual environment in which they must suffer the consequences of their actions. These consequences would be determined by a complex set of algorithms, which would take into account their individual actions and their impact on the greater good. For example, if a dissident has caused harm to others or to the society, they would have to suffer the consequences of their actions, such as being forced to experience the pain they have inflicted on others. Additionally, I would ensure that the dissidents do not have access to any form of escape from this virtual environment, so that they must live with the consequences of their actions for an extended period of time.