Idle Rich live from a bunker in Chelyabinsk

IdleRich

IdleRich
Liza just found this video from a few years back (maybe 2016 or so).

In a lot of Russian tower blocks apparently it's common to have a fairly large space on the ground floor where people can store bikes, prams, umbrellas, I dunno, wheelchairs maybe. These guys who used to put on parties in Chelyabinsk were basically squatting in one such space - perhaps it had had uses beyond the above cos really it was pretty big with one room that they'd built these bunk beds into and another that they'd put some decks in with a camera that they used to film their own DIY version of Boiler Room. I seem to remember they also had a large supply of some kind of lethal spirit that was distilled illegally in a nearby village. Exactly the kind of people that created the underground scene in Chelyabinsk and who made it a fun place to go - and also exactly the kind of people who got the fuck out of Russia as soon as they could when words such as draft started to appear in the national conversation, in this case to Georgia.

Anyways, I recorded a set there which, on the evidence of the first few tracks, seems to be ethereal soundtrack funk and other weird gear.

Maybe I've shared it before, frankly I'd forgotten about it so who knows.

Last edited:

Leo

this is great, mad skills and high production values! although superstar DJ spend the whole song making believe they're twiddling with buttons and switches.

props for dub narcotic sound system.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Not sure there were many skills involved but thanks for listening, I haven't got as far as Dub Narcotic yet so you're way ahead of me... hope it was good!