A catalog in america

sus

He told me off cos I didn't tip enough for sandwiches just now.
That's very naughty of you Catalog, not monetizing every single interaction with human beings. Well, America will soon train you right. 15% is a floor, not a compliment.

sus

When they smile at you and make eye contact you just reach for the wallet and slide a George Washington into the tip jar, like they gave you a handy

sus

"Wow this is a pleasant interaction, I better financially compensate them for it ASAP or things'll go sour!"

That's the parasitic worm that should be eating your thoughts every time you step into a shop or restaurant

IdleRich

IdleRich
Hanging with my cousins and their partners. Having a good time so far. I been in hampden.

ue99aQO.jpeg

I do have other relatives in NYC, but I wanted to see these guys cos I get on well with em. Will come to NYC next time.

It was raining so much last night, basically felt like Manchester. My cuz bought this at the farmers market this morning, for 40 bux.

KMUKxWT.jpeg

We're gonna do a teaspoon each tonight before going to this DIY place called the compound

1jZH97j.jpeg

He told me off cos I didn't tip enough for sandwiches just now.
Oh you're gonna be fucked next time you go through Baltimore if you happen to stop in that sandwich shop again. And if the guy who you short-tipped is still working there. And it's his shift.

woops

is not like other people
Oh you're gonna be fucked next time you go through Baltimore if you happen to stop in that sandwich shop again. And if the guy who you short-tipped is still working there. And it's his shift.
it's even worse in Indian restaurants

catalog

It was a woman and she seemed a bit confused tbh. We bought 3 sarnies for like 18 dollars and I gave her a 1 dollar tip and my cousin was like "should be 5, needs to be 20 per cent, people live off tips here" so I had to ask for change and then gave her 3 more, I mean she was thankful but she seemed OK with the 1.

catalog

I think tip culture in America is important cos its a way to just slightly glitch the overtly capitalist blah blah transactional nature of stuff. Cos it's like a handshake.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Fucking hell. Daylight robbery.
It was a woman and she seemed a bit confused tbh. We bought 3 sarnies for like 18 dollars and I gave her a 1 dollar tip and my cousin was like "should be 5, needs to be 20 per cent, people live off tips here" so I had to ask for change and then gave her 3 more, I mean she was thankful but she seemed OK with the 1.
You gave her one but your cousin said it has to be five, so you gave her four.
Also twenty percent of 18 is $3.60.
It sounds like a total cock-up of a transaction in every possible way.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

catalog

Fucking hell. Daylight robbery.

You gave her one but your cousin said it has to be five, so you gave her four.
Also twenty percent of 18 is $3.60.
It sounds like a total cock-up of a transaction in every possible way.
It's weird I've had a discussion with them about it, they know it's fucked.

I said to my cousin "what if, say, you had 5 dollars and that's the exact price of the drink you want, could you say to the barman, I've got 5, I've not enough to have a drink and also tip you, is that OK?"

And my cousin said

"no, that's not OK"

America is weird.

catalog

Embarrassed myself a bit last night. Got drunk and said the music in this DIY space was too slow, insisted we go to a club. They said nothing like that existed. Then I showed them Arthur jafa at home, they said it was rubbish. Then I showed them Cameron jamie and they said it was offensive. Hoping to redeem myself today by making a roast.

Leo

Yeah, Catalog, lucky the worker didn't jump over the counter and smack you upside the head for tipping a dollar on an $18 tab. Might as well have grabbed a handful of pennies, thrown them on the floor and said "how's that for a tip, fuckface".