version

It's the New Pangea. Local memetic variations of different bizarre religious views and conspiracies def existed before. But they couldn't hit population critical levels. You were less often exposed to other province's memes. You lived more in your bubbles. I think the filter bubble narrative of online is all wrong. People already lived in bubbles and the internet made them realize because it gave them the voyeuristic ability to glimpse into other people's bubbles. by stumbling on forums just like this one

Have you been reading Sloterdijk?

DannyL

Wild Horses
I wonder why you've spent so much time here if your music taste is basically an affront to all that this board holds to be good and pure.
I mean, I know the nuum cultural context has basically disappeared a long time ago but that's kind of interesting in itself, as it makes me wonder what's replaced it. It makes me ask meta-questions about Dissensus, what's it for?

sus

We are at the beginning of a good-size journey. I am glad people are here with me for it. We have gotten through the first two eras of listening—early childhood country, late childhood classical. Now we get into the Great Transition of 2009-2011. Everything changes. Whole musical worlds are about to open up.

2010-2016 Years of Independence
2017-2020 Early Lithosphere (Years of the Rock Archive)
2020-2022 New Pangea (Years of World Music)

sus

this board will make a minor appearance in the New Pangea chapter—maybe I'll write up "Papua New Guinea"