Media Saturation

version

I've more or less said the same thing on here before, the media and general pro-war sentiment on behalf of Ukraine has been a surprise to me. I had thought that was over for a long time post-Iraq but it has been instructive to see it swing into action. A fairly uncritical story about this being a just war.

We'd been primed for it, really, what with all the anti-Russia sentiment flying around post-2016. Not that that's a comment on the war itself, just that the west was already very fired up over Russia as global villain.

Leo

here, it might also be a reaction to four years of trump kowtowing to Putin and shitting on NATO: once he was out, they needed to send a message, prove they weren't going to roll over. a convenient excuse to further isolate and fuck with Russia. US military probably also loved the opportunity to see what Russia's military is capable of, and now they have a pretty good picture.

heard an interesting bit today about China: someone saying for all their military bluster, China don't have any military commanders or troops who have actual experience fighting in a war.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
heard an interesting bit today about China: someone saying for all their military bluster, China don't have any military commanders or troops who have actual experience fighting in a war.
OTOH they must be pretty handy with sticks and stones by now, from their periodic border clashes with the Indians.