DARC - Desterro 8th Birthday 3rd March

IdleRich

IdleRich
On Friday the DARC group which runs Desterro as the weird scuzzy lawless experimental party venue that it is celebrate their 8th birthday. These things have a tendency to last several days but Harris (my partner in the Raiders of the Lost DARC night) and I have been asked to play from 2am until 4am this Fri/Sat which I guess ought to be one of the first peak times if you see what I mean...

Desterro
Fri 3rd March
2am - 4am Idle Rich & Harrison IV
(Plus fucking loads of less important stuff building up to us for a few hours and then winding down for a few days after)

IdleRich

IdleRich
Looking forward to this, Desterro really is one of the few genuinely anti-commercial underground venues I know of anywhere, the owner Jari really doesn't give a fuck, sometimes it gets so late the bar staff leave and he'll kinda appoint a random punter to go behind the bar and pour drinks for anyone who asks. Often they have these synth sessions where about ten people put their stuff on a table in the middle of the room and they all just jam together - normally it just makes s godawful racket but I appreciate what they're doing.

On the fourth birthday they stayed open for four days straight, on the 5th they did five. I was in there towards the end of that one and the bar staff looked as though they'd survived a war, shellshocked and with 1000 yard stares, the place was a mess with toilets wrecked, paper looooong since gone and so on. People we're still playing music but I dunno if anyone - including them - knew who they were.

Anyway, tonight it's the 8th birthday and it's already pretty busy, and I think the schedule has begun to slip a little. Harris and I play from 2am until 4am representing our Raiders of the Lost Darc thing, should be fun.

Everyone I see round and about is here, just bagged Migueleho runs these kinda poncey raves capled Festa Pilot to DJ at my next film night which I'm pretty pleased about.

Here we go I guess...

Attachments

• IMG_20230303_234638233.jpg
    IMG_20230303_234638233.jpg
    579.6 KB · Views: 1