Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Although you obviously only said that so as to use the phrase "each man", so well done on being very clever there.

maxi

I don't want to argue points with you either.
anyway you can't make a stand like this ^ and then come back the next day expecting me to calmly disentangle a load of other shit with you point by point. I'm not playing that game. most of what I've said has been taken in bad faith anyway, so there's no grounds for a real discussion here.

also it's a saturday and the sun's out. I've just got over the flu I've been holed up with this week and I'm about to head to the palestine march. maybe that's something we can agree on? see you there remember to bring a tennis racket

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I would never have said “en guarde” but cheers for the distraction play
To be clear, dear friend, the embarrassment inheres in threatening physical violence over something as petty as a disagreement on the internet, not in the choice of language.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Violence is a fact of life outside of online discourse and online insults

Get your head round that lest it get around your head, my dear broken boy

Back to the main subject ..

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
When you’ve done door security for trans weddings, Internet Man, come back to the thread full of insights about what it entailed, what you heard said, who rushed the door, how you got it over the line relatively incident free etc

These are real world issues for the people concerned, issues unworthy of your trolling, do we understand each other

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
When you’ve done door security for trans weddings, Internet Man, come back to the thread full of insights about what it entailed, what you heard said, who rushed the door, how you got it over the line relatively incident free etc

These are real world issues for the people concerned, issues unworthy of your trolling, do we understand each other
You know where I'll be in a week's time, big man.

maxi

hang on has mr tea actually taken my ridiculous piss take of subvert's deranged violent fantasy as some kind of threat? that is fucking hilarious :ROFLMAO:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If what you're say is "I get beaten up quite a lot" then maybe try being a bit less of a cunt?

Just a thought.

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
anyway you can't make a stand like this ^ and then come back the next day expecting me to calmly disentangle a load of other shit with you point by point. I'm not playing that game. most of what I've said has been taken in bad faith anyway, so there's no grounds for a real discussion here.

also it's a saturday and the sun's out. I've just got over the flu I've been holed up with this week and I'm about to head to the palestine march. maybe that's something we can agree on? see you there remember to bring a tennis racket

I was responding to the CAN-SG statement, which you posted as though it was significant. I'm not interested in discussing what I wrote because, as far as I'm concerned, there isn't anything to discuss, and it would just make me cross again. But since you don't want to either, that's grand (y)

Yes, fwiw we likely agree on Palestine.

mixed_biscuits

I asked Judith Butler why and she said it was orchestrated by a shadowy cabal at the Vatican City in order to distract us from the climate catastrophe. THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT HER NEW BOOK IS LIKE.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Progressive paradise Scotland has paused puberty blockers.

I asked Judith Butler why and she said it was orchestrated by a shadowy cabal at the Vatican City in order to distract us from the climate catastrophe. THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT HER NEW BOOK IS LIKE.
Sounds good, might have to get a copy.

mixed_biscuits

• It's over 1500 pages long but constraints of space have precluded them from defining either biological sex or gender identity beyond the latter involving 'subjective, deep-core sense ofself as being a particular gender.
  • Only a handful of these genders are explicitly acknowledged. Remember, there are at least 57 genders so this purportedly anti-discriminatory guidance is in fact mostly discriminatory.
  • Trans folk are allowed to be barred from one set of living quarters arranged by biological sex but do have a right to use their preferred gender's changing rooms and toilets. No rationale is given for the discrepancy in treatment.
  • Despite all the news reports the authors have bottled the question of sports participation and promise a separate treatment. Sports may be an unprincipled exception as the living arrangements are.
  • Trans people using the other sex's facilities, thereby making people of that sex uncomfortable, is apparently not a problem despite the entire document being about avoiding making people uncomfortable.
  • One does not need to make manifest what one's sense of identity is in order to have access to the target gender's facilities. If people of that sex cause more than trivial harm to you based on a misperception of your felt gender, they are being discriminatory. It is not clear if merely questioning someone's identity in that situation would constitute discrimination.