mixed_biscuits

If so, how do you justify "interfering with nature" in that way?
Do you think non-sterilising treatments should be privileged over sterilising ones?

P.S. I try to avoid medical treatments that would sterilise me.

mixed_biscuits

Yes, you said that already, and that line has been ripped to shreds. It certainly wouldn't cut any ice with regulators. In refusing to answer the question you're saying you're happy for those administering treatments to be sterilisation agnostic. That's an immoral stance.

mixed_biscuits

@Mr. Tea Biology lesson: if your Mum (@other_life) had been sterilised in her teenage years you wouldn't have been born. Your position for sterilisation depends on sterilisation's suppression in the past - the greatest irony of all.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
As an aside, it's funny as fuck watching this place's two most strident anti-vaxxers suddenly pivot to "HACKSHALLY the accepted opinion of the mainstream medial establishment, which is certainly correct and may not be questioned, supports our position, so there."

maxi

Reponse from the Clinical Advisory Network on Sex and Gender to the Freddy McConnell guardian article:
https://x.com/CanSG_org/status/1778709974144757839

CAN-SG is not a ‘gender-critical pressure group’. We are a network of clinicians & medical whistleblowers doing ‘medicine as usual’. CAN-SG membership is only available to clinicians & healthcare workers.

We strongly object to these misrepresentations of our organisation and are seeking a correction. At CAN-SG, we are creating space within our professions for urgently needed, fact-based, respectful and compassionate analysis of gender medicine. Our concerns, although vindicated by the Cass Review, still remain a live issue for patients placed on care pathways, that are compounding harm.

We are exercising our medical, ethical and legal duty to develop safe practices. We are doing so in an increasingly unsafe atmosphere which is created and perpetuated by untrue assertions such as the ones promoted in this ‘opinion piece’.

On the 23rd of March we held the first UK conference of its kind #FirstDoNoHarm. Sold out, it was attended by clinicians from around the world. The presentations were compassionate, informed and invaluable.

On the morning of the conference our venue was attacked by masked men, using smoke bombs, trying to force entry into the building. Although they failed to enter the building, staff were frightened, traumatised and sustained injuries. For a period they successfully blocked entrance to the building. Arrests were made.

It was concerning and alarming to experience this violence, whilst trying to consolidate the vast gap between the assertions of the protestors and the reality of our organisation and conference.

It is not acceptable to target, threaten or harass doctors, nurses, therapists and so forth. A trend resulting in medical professionals performing abortions in the US, or vaccines in the UK, being increasingly targeted. This prevailing atmosphere hurts patients, undermines their right to evidence-based care, and inhibits our ability to centre patient wellbeing in our work.

As The Guardian comments page itself says, ‘comment is free but facts are sacred.’ We ask The Guardian to exercise sound ethical standards, and not allow their platform to be used to attack professionals trying to address an unfolding medical scandal. The comments section of a newspaper should not be used as a vehicle for promoting fake news & libellous comments.

We look forward to a prompt correction.

0bleak

I've already done my share of shit-stirring in this thread haha, would rather take a back seat.
Oh, i thought you meant colorful hair was a horrible look. I was gonna have to disagree since plenty of the ladies liked it - although my thing was more cyberpunk than punk.