malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
What regulations are these? lol
For example, it's manly to work by your self and its womanly to work within a community. It's manly to emphasize logic, quantity and science, it's womanly to focus on emotions, quality and aesthetics. It's really not hard to know what these conventions are lol.

mixed_biscuits

For example, it's manly to work by your self and its womanly to work within a community. It's manly to emphasize logic, quantity and science, it's womanly to focus on emotions, quality and aesthetics. It's really not hard to know what these conventions are lol.
Where are these regulations??

Are you saying we're breaking the law by having an Art, Literature and Film subforum?

mixed_biscuits

@malelesbian I get the impression you enjoy the idea of ultra-conservative societies in which behaviour is so stereotyped that it's violently enforced. Your vaguely progressive head-nods are token acts of disavowal that permit you to indulge your true Talibanesque fantasies. The illicit transgressive thrill you get from your amalgamated persona depends on the idea of a firm reactionary status quo for it to flout - the firmer the better, clearly!

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
Where are they? They don't need to be anywhere. I don't understand the question. I'm just saying traditional gender conventions fail to help us understand gender non-conformity. But of course people can be non-conformists and defy gender conventions.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
@malelesbian I get the impression you enjoy the idea of ultra-conservative societies in which behaviour is so stereotyped that it's violently enforced. Your vaguely progressive head-nods are token acts of disavowal that permit you to indulge your true Talibanesque fantasies. The illicit transgressive thrill you get from your amalgamated persona depends on the idea of a firm reactionary status quo for it to flout - the firmer the better, clearly!
This is just goofy. Of course I would appreciate a society that treated gender non-conformity in a less authoritarian, repressive way. That would benefit me because I'm a gender non-conformist. I get the impression that you don't really have a political agenda here, you just want to annoy people using fallacious reasoning.

mixed_biscuits

This is just goofy. Of course I would appreciate a society that treated gender non-conformity in a less authoritarian, repressive way. That would benefit me because I'm a gender non-conformist. I get the impression that you don't really have a political agenda here, you just want to annoy people using fallacious reasoning.
Being a gender non-conformist only has meaning against a background of conformity...a background which you purposefully paint in strident colours so as to increase the frisson of non-conforming

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
I’m going to voice to text all your interactions and upload the entire thing to YT in Stephen Hawking voice generator
Please do LMAO
Being a gender non-conformist only has meaning against a background of conformity...a background which you purposefully paint in strident colours so as to increase the frisson of non-conforming
Couldn't this be said of all non-conformists? Also why should I care about this?

mixed_biscuits

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
The contention that gender norms are homogenous across cultures is spectacularly ignorant:

Good thing I didn't claim that then! I never denied inter-cultural differences in gender norms. I just said that I focus mainly on American culture.
Regulations!
Regulations aren't rules.
Society should care because self-regarding non-conformists ultimately buttress the conservative majority - the more squares there are, the more daring non-conformists get to feel.
Yes but non-conformity isn't about feeling a special way, it's about defying the majority because people should be allowed multiple alternative routes to success. I don't care about normal trads, I just want them to let me live my life so we can coexist.