partying

linebaugh

the drugs have changed. Less drinking, more downers, more psychedelics. but we also had lean throughout the crunk era so this isnt a one to one

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was thinking about this the other day, went to a house party with a bunch of mid-late 30 year olds in the suburbs. It was a relatively quiet and restrained thing, as you'd expect, basically just people sat around a living room passing around plates with lines on them. The sound system was one of those TV soundbars. Truly pathetic.

Anyway, I was thinking how if someone next door to me had a gigantic party going on til 9am blasting music, sure I'd hate them, but wouldn't I have to adopt a somewhat zen like 'circle of life' attitude to it? After all, that's been me before, and people have to have their fun.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Obviously I don't have kids though so it would be somewhat easy for me to shrug it off as youthful hijinks (if it was on a weekend).

wild greens

I think the only good student parties were when we were in school, or student houses when people were at Uni. I never went Uni so i could be as reckless as I wanted to be at those; who invited that cunt, piss off I'm back on the sites on Monday. By the time you're in your mid-20s it's hard because it might well be your house & fuck that

There were occasionally good ones in houseshares following raves etc but everything just becomes "afters" after a certain age doesnt it, they're shit i think, especially if you don't know whose house it is. Loads of scruffy cunts doing ket hate that

Remember watching this as a kid and thinking wow Americans know how to party lol. I hope that there are towns in i.e. Bumfuck, South Carolina where these things are still happening but i think everyone is a smackhead now?

version

People who don't mind their house being absolutely trashed too (or don't mind their parents screaming at them for letting people trash it)

I went to this girl's house party in school and ended up stood on her dining room table, pelting people with mini sausage rolls, and her parents were there the whole time. A bunch of other people walked mud through the house and threw cereal all over the kitchen. There was also a fight in the garden and people smoking weed dotted all over the house.

It was fun at the time, but now I just feel ashamed and can't believe her parents didn't go nuts and throw everyone out.

luka

the drugs have changed. Less drinking, more downers, more psychedelics. but we also had lean throughout the crunk era so this isnt a one to one
just noticed the
vs
in the initial post. didn't realise it was a thesis. didnt watch any of the videos.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I went to this girl's house party in school and ended up stood on her dining room table, pelting people with mini sausage rolls, and her parents were there the whole time. A bunch of other people walked mud through the house and threw cereal all over the kitchen. There was also a fight in the garden and people smoking weed dotted all over the house.

It was fun at the time, but now I just feel ashamed and can't believe her parents didn't go nuts and throw everyone out.
The twist there is the parents were in the house

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I agree but sadboy rap isn't really peripheral it's huge. OTOH back in "my day" people listened to I dunno Korn and stuff at parties.

version

We're told things like anxiety and depression are much more common among the young now, along with drugs catering to those particular mind states. I don't think it's a case of one or the other though. There are still plenty of people having a good time.

martin

----
Funny, isn’t it. You spend days before the teen party scrubbing your tongue, rehearsing your lines, cracking out the Daz and fantasising about finally talking to and impressing that girl in the Def Leppard T-shirt who’ll surely become the love of your life.

Then, about an hour before the party starts, you down a load of £1.99, 15% cider (with a cartoon pic of a smiling apple wearing shades on the label) and instead end up pogoing on a sofa to 'On A Ragga Tip', pouring Domestos over the carpet and into the koi tank, and setting off fireworks in the living room – before retiring to the kitchen to watch someone put the last surviving koi in the microwave (to make 'economy fish & chips' with a packet of salt'n'vinegar) while everyone else lines up to piss in the sink because the toilet’s been occupied the past hour by a girl threatening to slash her wrists.

You can still party in your 40s, but it's more like

maxresdefault.jpg

wild greens

I agree but sadboy rap isn't really peripheral it's huge. OTOH back in "my day" people listened to I dunno Korn and stuff at parties.

It's "big" on the internet but have you ever heard it in a pub, from a car, in a shop, in a club? I am less sure

I am a big fan of making ill-informed statements and backing them to the end though